- 1 Introduction
- 2 Normal Moves
- 3 Movement
- 4 Special Moves and Throws
- 5 EX Moves
- 6 Dark Force
- 7 Strategies
- 8 Combos
- 9 Matchups
- 10 Frame Data
- 11 Felicia Memos
- 12 Felicia Bugs
- 13 Notable Players
Felicia (フェリシア), the Catwoman (Nekomata). Felicia is a fast character that comes equipped with a wide variety of good normal moves both in the air and on the ground. Felicia is generally regarded as one of the less technical yet solid characters in the game, since she can hold her own while relying on the basics. Many of her attacks are "all-purpose", have good range and speed, and very good hitboxes. If you enjoy jumping around a lot and using normal pokes to beat the opponent out of their own attacks then Felicia might be the character for you. To play Felicia you will need some sense of footsies and dash mixups, though simply learning her move properties can take you a long way.
Primary objective: Spam j.MK/j.HP/j.HK, dash in mixups into Buckler/cmd-grab.
Far Standing Normals
Close Standing Normals
Command Normal Moves
P Throw: Cat scratch. Mashable, forces reset. Not particularly good for a throw since the opponent can wiggle out, and the damage is negligible. But you may end up using it a lot because close MP and close HP are good option selects for throw/anti-jump.
K Throw: Rolling toss. Good damage and tosses them really far, great throw in general. You can sometimes
Air Throw: Air toss. Really great airthrow. Exceptional range and vertical reach. Decent damage. Easy to pursuit or OTG scratch after. If teched it sets the opponent backwards which makes it difficult/impossible to reversal after, giving you a free oki.
Pursuit: Bounce. Sets Felicia on the opposite side of the opponent on hit, so it's not particularly good if you knock the opponent into the corner, or else you'll end up in the corner. On the other hand, if your back was to the corner you can get out of the corner using this. ES version does more hits and a bit more recoverable damage, no actual damage. Generally speaking this isn't really as useful as her scratch OTG.
Command Pursuit: Toy Touch (22K). Your go-to pursuit in the corner. Normal versions are fast, allowing you to recover quick if you're late on a hit; ES Toy Touch does the most damage (4 white, 8 red) and reaches further than the normal Toy Touches, making it preferable in most situations.
Walk: Good walk speed and average height.
Dash: Hop. Good for high/low mixups. Her mids are more useful than her heavies when using this dash. At the end of the dash Felicia has a 7F recovery window, but the latter 6 frames are special cancelable. Therefor it's possible (albeit difficult) to do things like deep d.MK 236LP. This dash is also short-stoppable. Tapping or holding back during the forward dash will end the dash sooner and maker her drop faster. This also makes links/cancels off of it much easier, though it's rather difficult to time a dashing attack after quickstoping the dash because she falls so quickly after the quickstop, but it is possible.
- Frame Data inquiry
- JP-Frame data link
- Basic Summary is - The fastest case when you issue an attack 1F after the establishment of the short dash. (11F when counting from the dash)
Jump: Great jump arc. Very fast and highly obnoxious.
Headsit: Jumping on a standing opponent will cause this move to activate, there's no real input for it. The headsit is cancelable into anything, a jump or air attack. While headsitting the opponent can also cancel it by doing anything, which will cause Felicia to rejump. However, the headsit activation will also cancel an opponent's attack regardless of what kind of attack it was, so long as it was considered standing at the time. For example, if the opponent tries an anti-air MP and you activate the headsit it will cancel their MP entirely.
- Head-Ride corner offense
Wall Cling: Pressing towards the wall when near the wall makes Felicia cling to it momentarily. If the direction is held she will eventually start to gradually slide down the wall, and at a certain height from the ground she will automatically dismount. Releasing the button dismounts her. Felicia has freeaction after the dismount and can attack/airblock/headsit just as a normal jump. However, the dismount causes her to jump much further and faster than a normal jump, making it quite good for getting in on the opponent when alternated between normaljump and walljump.
Special Moves and Throws
|Punch Throw — ( or ) 6 or 4.MP ⁄ HP|
|Damage|| No Mash:10/20
|Hit Advantage||+2 to +5|
|Tech Advantage||+2 to +5|
Frame advantage on hit and tech varies depending on the character:
|Kick Throw — ( or ) 6 or 4.MK ⁄ HK|
|Tech Advantage||-1 to +3|
Frame advantage on tech varies based on the character:
|Air Throw — ( or ) 6 or 4.MP ⁄ HP|
|Hell Cat — () 6324.MK ⁄ HK ⁄ ES|
|Meter Gain|| Whiff: 12|
It seems like some characters get thrown away further than others. Some you can follow up with a Toy Touch afterwards and others not. Make a proper list
Rolling Buckler - 236P, P: A two part roll attack. First part is a one hit ball roll that goes under fireballs and high hitting attacks. Pressing P again will cause a follow up uppercut scratch that can hit twice. The follow up uppercut can be performed during the roll or even after the roll hits the opponent, allowing the roll and uppercut to combo with each other for three hits or allowing you to cancel the roll early. This is her basic combo move as it's fast and causes knockdown, plus decent damage. However, neither the roll nor the uppercut are safe on block with any version, so use with caution.
- (L Version) Short slow roll, very low and fast uppercut.
- (M Version) Medium range and speed, medium uppercut height.
- (H Version) Long range and fast speed, high uppercut height.
- (ES Version) Very long range and fast speed. ball roll can hit up to four times. Uppercut is very high, hits three times.
Meter Charge (sp-taunt) - 22KK: Holdable taunt. Felicia will constantly build meter while charging the taunt. Ironically though, it's not quite as good at building meter as her other options, such as air whiff chaining or ground kara-cancelling.
Cat Helper: Kitty the Helper - Same strength P + K
- (Any Version) A little cat will follow Felicia around and attack after Felicia does. The jump arc of the little cat is based on the strength of attack you use. Jab is narrow and low, Fierce is wide and high. It is possible to create combo loops by using the delayed hit from the helper to link another attack string.
Is possible to set up an unblockable with the kitty thanks to the Guard Switch Mechanic, like this video show, However: is very unsafe and the opponent can counter attack pretty easily, so is not worth it
- > = next move is a chain
- >> = next move is a link
- xx = next move is a special or EX cancel
- 2.LK > 2.MP > 2.MK > 2.HK
- 22 red/38 white [with ES Pursuit: 23 red/48 white]
- Felicia's most basic, no-meter combo with a low attack starter. If you're new to Felicia, use this and the next combo listed while starting out. Slowly working in ES Rolling Buckler combos into your game-plan for big damage. Can't connect a Toy Touch at the end of this combo unless you have the opponent in the corner.
- 2.LK > 2.MP > 2.HK
- 17 red/30 white
- Mid-range combo into a knockdown. Use when you're too far away to chain into all four hits of the combo above.
- 5.MK > 2.HK
- ?? red/?? white
- A good long range chain combo into a knockdown starting from a strong poke. The 2.HK will whiff after a max range 5.MK so be careful.
Comboing into Rolling Buckler
- 2.MP xx 236.PP (4 hits) xx P
- 37 red/56 white [with ES Toy Touch: 41 red/64 white]
- Not something you can easily confirm from a raw hit, but a very good punish. Will not combo from max range.
- 2.LK > 2.LK xx 236.PP (4 hits) xx P
- 32 red/47 white [with ES Toy Touch: 36 red/55 white]
- A hit confirm into ES Rolling Buckler. Must be performed from point blank. Good when going for left/right wake up okizeme. This combo is too inconsistent when performed from a jump-in due to the pushback.
- 2.LP >> 2.MP xx 236.PP (4 hits) xx P
- 36 red/56 white [with ES Toy Touch: 40 red/64 white]
- More damaging hit confirm into ES Rolling Buckler, but requires you to link into 2.MP. Can be performed from a bit further away than the above combo.
Comboing into LP Cat Spike
- 2.MP xx 623.LP
- 23 red/34 white
- Good damage for a single hit canceled into a special move. Doesn't knock down but leaves Felicia at +2 on hit and +1 on guard. It's an excellent pressure tool which you can basically do over and over, even on block. Doing this to an opponent in the corner or from point blank pretty much gives you a free command grab attempt afterwards. LP Cat Spike will whiff from 2.MP's max distance. You can mix in MP Cat Spike for a frame trap when doing LP Cat Spike pressure springs, though it will not combo.
- 2.LP >> 2.MP xx 623.LP
- 23 red/37 white
- A little more damage, gives you time to confirm, and 2.LP hits low.
- j.HP >> 2.LK > 2.MP > 2.MK > 2.HK
- 30 red/52 white
- Most basic combo from a jump-in.
- j.HP >> 2.MP xx 623.LP
- 32 red/50 white
- Decent damage and sets up additional pressure. Refer to the LP Cat Spike combo above.
- j.HP >> 2.MP xx 236.LP xx P
- 32 red/53 white
- You can get a bit of extra damage by comboing into into a Rolling Buckler. Switch this to a 236.MP combo and recalculate damage
- j.HP >> 2.MP xx 236.PP (4 hits) xx P
- 45 red/69 white [with ES Toy Touch: 49 red/77 white]
- Big damage if you can confirm 2.MP from a jump in attack.
- j.HP >> 2.LP >> 2.MP xx 236.PP (4 hits) xx P
- 43 red/68 white [with ES Toy Touch: 47 red/76 white]
- Gives you an extra hit to confirm into ES Rolling Buckler by linking from 2.LP. Should be done from a relatively deep jump in attack.
- j.HP > j.HK >> 2.MP xx 236.PP (4 hits) xx P
- 50 red/79 white [with ES Toy Touch: 54 red/87 white]
- Double hard attack jump in for massive damage. Only works from a Forward Jump on tall standing characters: Anakaris, Bishamon(Hard), Demitri, Jedah, Victor. From a Neutral Jump it will also hit: Bulleta, Lilith, Morrigan, Q-Bee and Zabel. If you're going to land and do a chain combo, just do 2.MP > 2.MK > 2.HK.
- j.LK > j.MK >> ...
- ~~ red/~~ white
- If you want to do a 2-hit jump chain on the shorter characters, I'd recommend this. j.LK is Felicia's second best jump in attack.
Overhead Dash Combos
Comboing from Felicia's dash can be a bit tricky at first, there is two ways to make it easier. While it is possible to just double tap forward and immediate attack with j.MP, land, and combo, this is extremely tight and not the ideal method. The two ways to combo from Felicia's dash are to short hop; or to simply delay your button press after dashing for a split second, until she is closer to landing naturally. To short hop, double tap forward to dash like normal and then immediately press any back direction (4, 1 or 7) to cancel the dash and land sooner. The timing for the j.MP should be immediately after pressing one of the back directions. It may be easier to grasp the concept and execution of short hopping a bit more easily with Sasquatch, so consider trying it out with him first.
- 66.MP >> 2.LK > 2.MP > 2.MK > 2.HK
- 26 red/42 white
- A quick overhead into a low.
- 66.MP >> 2.MP > 2.MK > 2.HK
- 26 red/44 white
- While this combo does slightly more damage, it's most useful when you connect the dashing MP from further away, since you cannot connect all four hits in the ground chain shown in the combo above. 2.MP and 2.LK both have the same start up time so the link isn't any harder.
- 66.MP >> 2.MP xx 236.PP (4 hits) xx P
- 39 red/60 white
- Big damage from an overhead. If you are confident in linking the 2.MP after dashing do this whenever possible.
- 66.MK >> ...
- ~~ red/~~ white
- It possible to combo from Felicia's j.MK out of a dash as well, but the timing is a bit trickier. Even out of a short hop, you need to delay your button press for j.MK for a brief moment, until right before Felicia lands. From a regular hop just hold the attack until you're just about to land. The benefit of using j.MK is that it has slightly more range than j.MP, and that it is a single hit normal (which allows you to change up your timing a bit). If you are comboing this from outside the range j.MP reaches, your combo can't extend to much more than a 2.MP > 2.HK.
- 2.LP >> 2.MP xx 236.MP xx P
- 23 red/40 white [with Toy Touch: 23 red/44 white]
- Pretty optimized as far as a no-meter hit-confirm combo goes, though it's not really necessary, especially if you aren't getting the link 100% of the time. Need to be very close for the Rolling Buckler to connect as its slower than the ES version. Use the MP Rolling Buckler over LP and HP gives you the best position and plus frames to get the most out of connecting the Toy Touch and doing okizeme. This combo is too inconsistent when performed from a jump-in due to the pushback. If you want to follow up with a Toy Touch afterwards walk forward slightly after the Rolling Buckler and then Toy Touch from mid-screen, in the corner you'll need to walk backwards.
- Close 5.MP > Close 5.MK > 5.HP (1 hit) > 2.HK
- 26 red/43 white
- 623.MP >> 2.LK > 2.MP > 5.MK > 2.HK
- 36 red/57 white
- 623.MP >> 2.MP > 2.MK > 2.HK
- 36 red/57 white
- 623.MP >> 2.MP xx 236.PP (4 hits) xx P
- 51 red/74 white
- Crouching opponents only(mostly). Does not work on crouching Victor since he is too tall, or crouching Q-Bee who it whiffs on. It is also extremely inconsistent on Bishamon but the link seems easier if you do the move point blank. Works on standing Felicia as well as Lei-Lei(You have to hit her outstretched arms which have a low hitbox; easier than it sounds).
- You can link against standing characters if you meaty them with 623 .MP, however, it's inconsistent against Qbee and bishamon (for Qbee you need to hit her at a certain distance but the follow up link will not connect, while for bishamon you need to be really close to him). It does not work against Victor
- 623.HP >> 2.MP xx 236.PP (4 hits) xx P
- 52 red/76 white
- Close 5.MK xx 41236.LK+MK (or) LK+HK.
- 36 red/55 white
- Impractical combo into Please Help Me!, and not something to use in a real match, but here it is! Felicia's back must be right up against the corner and the opponent directly next to her. Other normals will work, but Close 5.MK does the most damage. The LK+HK version seems to combo most consistently, and from further away, but the opponent may need to be standing for it to combo properly.
- Reliable - Corner Loop - hits standing & crouching
REPEAT FOUR DARK-FORCE TIMES MAX ENDS ABOUT ↓ HERE _____________/ \______________ ↓ 2.LP > 2.LK >> Kitten >> 2.MP xx 623.LP >> Kitten >> [Close 5.MK xx 623.LP >> Kitten] >> Close 5.MK xx 4321.PP ↑ ↑ ↑ CALLS CALLS CALLS KITTEN KITTEN KITTEN
- Inconsistent Midscreen Loop - standing-Only - hits low
- Corner loop - Standing only - hits as low - extended damage
- Corner only loop - Crouching only reset
- Corner reset - Standing only reset
- Corner loop - Crouching Q-Bee only
- Corner loop - Crouching only - Hits as a jumpin
- Corner loop - standing opponent, hit's as Overhead
- Corner loop - Throw bait - Standing only
- Corner loop - Overhead from a dash j.mp - hits crouching
- Corner loop - Head-ride Openers useless, but fun
- Corner loop - Standing Demitri loops
- Corner Loop - Jump-in which Hits Standing
- Dancing Flash Trade x Combo
- Dancing Flash Cross-Up
- Dancing Flash does 0 cheap-kill damage on block
- Gaining Meter Trick
- Wide opponents (LE, BI, AU, GA) will NOT wakeup backwards after a K-throw.
- Short crouching opponents (QB, MO, LI, GA, BU) Felicia's d.j.mk can cross up & LINK a buckler
- While comparing combo damage, cr.mp xx Dancing flash is greater damage than links into ES-Buckler
- Instant overhead option of dashing J.mp XX ES-Buckler is the most consistent option. However, the success does rely on the opponent's character & State. Reference the chart below -
- ES-Hellcat into ES-Toy_Touch is big damage, similar to a Midnight Pleasure. Unfortunately, this does not connect on Bulleta, Jedah, Zabel or LeiLei.
- Against Demitri, you can setup re-jump corner combo with lp, RENDA st.lp, LINK J.lp
- Impractical (but fun!) corner headride tricks
- At specific distances (very close) Bishamon's spirits may whiff against a crouching Felicia.
- When cornered, consider enter up+back then up+back again to instant wall-stick then immediately triangle jump out of the corner.
- Felicia advances a little bit when activating Dark Force
- st.Hk reset into head-ride experimental offense
- Mid-screen st.hk resets from a Dark Force experimental Offense
- Felicia’s special-taunt leaves the opponent invulnerable.
- Off-screen Wall-cling
- Kitty-Helper cross-up okizeme
- Felicia recover backwards after HK-Throw, such that an instant Toy-Touch will face the other direction
- Hell-Cat places the opponent into a "Backwards knockdown"
- Opponents ground roll inputs are reversed
- Opponent has forced turn around frames on wake-up
- Opponent cannot wake-up & reversal
- Extend Dark Force Deactivation
- Post Head Ride & Special-Taunt = Forced Knockdown & No Reset
- Tech-Hit x Projectile Displacement w/ Neko Punch
- Guard-Lock Unblock w/ Dark Force's Assist
- Felicia's Low Options
- Felicia's Low Option-2
- Felicia's Overhead Option
- Felicia's Overhead Option-2
- Felicia's Overhead Option-3
- Cat Guard (Air Absolute Guard)
- If Felicia air blocks then remains in block stun, she gains an air absolute guard state. This means typical guard break setups do not work on her, and if she is cornered, the opponent can RENDA light attacks to keep her airborne for an extended period of time. Oddly enough she cannot block attacks that hit low, even if she is holding a 'low guard' input. But unless you have access to a move like Jedah's 2.MK, it is hard to get much use out of that.
- ES-Buckler's Y-Axis Value
- Cheap Kill
- Trade = Juggle State
- Wall Cling x Proximity Block
- Impossible Drop-Out Combo
- Unblock ES-Guard Cancel Frames
- See The first chart here - Felicia is at frame# 07
- Felicia's DarkForce deactivation enables the "Alter Ego Reduction Bug"
- Felicia's head-ride can cause no push-back on a combo after the opponent rolls then reversals.
- Wall Cling The Opponent - Off the Wall
- ES-Cat Spike reactivation after a trade; This is also Unblockable
Japanese Player Index: http://www21.atwiki.jp/vsplayer/pages/27.html
|Name (English)||Name (Japanese)||Color||Location||Contact||Notes|
|Now mains Sasquatch :(|
|Lyne||リネ||HK||Kanto region||https://twitter.com/Lyne226||Current #01 Felicia|