Under Night In-Birth/UNIST/Wagner
She annihilates. Enveloped in the inherited scorching flame.
Admires the name of the clan. Takes an oath of the eternal loyalty to Adelheid.
Without forgiving herself. Without loving herself. She only exerts her sword.
Even when goddess smiles upon, her soul is bound to battlefield.
Treads on the ash of the dead, waits for the judgment at the endless battlefield.
The infamous "Crimson Knight" of the Leicht Kreiss, who is notable for taking a "burn-em-all" approach to any assignment she is given, even if it causes problems for her organization. She comes from a long line of knights in service to the Leicht Kreiss, and has a constant need to prove her worth and be needed by Adelheid. She is sent to the city the game revolves around as probation. She sees Orie as a rival.
Vorpal Trait:Installs are faster and more chip damage off sword normals when in install
Character Archetype: Rushdown
Unique Traits/Vorpal Ability:
- Has guardpoint moves
- Has installs (shield/sword install, 22A/B)
- Sword install (22A) allows her to perform normals after her 236X~X specials, extending combo and pressure options.
- Shield install (22B) changes all of her shield specials (214A/B and FF) into guardpoints. 214A/B gain improved frame advantage, as well.
- Equips installs faster in vorpal, allowing for better frame advantage and combo routes
- Can special cancel after successfully guard-pointing moves
Pressure opponent at close/mid-range
Maintain vorpal when possible (it can get lost quickly as a rushdown character)
Spend meter like water to maintain pressure and advantage
Abuse any attempts to create space by equipping installs and resuming pressure
- Extremely strong corner carry
- High damage from most non-A starters, with good oki – this goes hand-in-hand with her having very strong abare
- Never-ending pressure strings when having meter or vorpal
- Relatively good backdash
- Extremely good normals
- 5B/5C/6B dominate the spaces they cover against most of the cast
- Specials can cancel into each other to prevent the opponent from having room to breathe or attempt a punish
- It is often extremely difficult for opponents to keep track of which installs Wagner has available/equipped
- With shield install (22B) equipped, her guardpoint moves are extremely powerful and can go through virtually everything except for throws
- With shield install (22B) equipped, her guardpoint moves start guardpointing on frame 7, allowing her to reverse the situation against opponents with loose pressure strings
- Her horizontal thrust (236A) is both fast (10f) and covers a huge amount of horizontal space, with a surprising amount of vertical coverage. This move by itself prevents many zoners from comfortably applying pressure at range
- Has a very good, 5F reversal (623B) that leads into insane damage when combined with vorpal and meter. Notably, her EX reversal (623C) is more difficult to combo with vorpal and leads into worse damage for the meter cost
- Has a very good anti-air special (623A) that converts into high damage with meter from any hit
- Certain specials can be shielded to end Wagner’s cancel options and provide a punish opportunity
- Most of Wagner’s special strings can be fuzzy mashed to beat all of her possible follow-up options
- Her overheads are slow and telegraphed, though fortunately not that easy to interrupt (especially when shield install is equipped)
- Guardpoint moves can lose to multi-hitting specials or reversals, and will lose to many meter’d reversals, though Wagner can attempt to cancel her guardpoint into her own specials or supers in response
- Certain moves can be easily baited or out-spaced
- While fast and damaging, she can have issues closing range against some characters without resorting to wild 236A usage
How to beat this character:
- Learn the range of her normals
- Whiff punish any poor button presses (6B/5C on whiff are free punishes)
- Learn when to shield her pressure or jump/backdash to bait whiffs
- Ensure that you can react to her IC FF ([B+C]) overhead
- Learn the fuzzy mash timings against her special strings
- Be patient if she has meter, because she can easily burn a significant amount of time by using meter to re-equip both installs and continue pressure at no risk
- Learn to play around her guardpoints on both offense and defense. While those moves give her plus frames on offense, they also allow her to easily punish careless gaps in her opponent's offense. Always keep her options in mind while structuring your offense.
- If you have vorpal, don’t be afraid to guard thrust if you’re forced to block her 22C. It takes away her shield install and negates her free pressure at little cost.
Fundamentals for this character:
- High pressure, high momentum. Once you get rolling, don’t let up.
- Always maximize your opportunities. If the opponent provides space, equip installs or concentrate. If the opponent attempts to approach, abuse your fast and large normal, or intercept them with your own specials (236A with sword install, for example).
- Do not be afraid to burn meter for continued pressure. In fact, it’s not a terrible idea to save meter for that express purpose, when you don’t feel comfortable elsewhere.
Top 3 easy to use normal:
- 5C – large hitbox that covers both ground and air approaches from opponents. Converts into high damage combos at all ranges, though the routes change depending on range.
- 5B – extremely fast 7f normal for its range. Leads into reasonably good damage and carry, and can be used to interrupt numerous blockstrings where opponents are normally too far away to be reached. Good combo tool as well.
- 5A/2A – 5f normals with reasonable horizontal ranges that share the same frame data. 5A has a decent vertical hitbox, and 2A is a low. Nothing too special, but extremely useful.
- J.A – fast overhead with a downward hitbox. With vorpal, it’s possible to combo from an instant overhead assault j.A.
- J.C – large air normal that can force opponents out of the air or keep them blocking at longer ranges than most
- 2C – long range low that moves Wagner forward. Has versatile hit confirm options. Useful in combos, as well.
- 6B - 8F huge move that leads into very high damage combos on hit, and is 0 on 6B(1hit) > whiff A.
- 66C - 10F huge low move that you can spend meter to start your pressure or combo.
Top uses for meter:
- 22C – +9 on block and equips both installs (unless both are already equipped, in which case it unequips them to do poison damage on hit). There’s basically no more efficient option with meter than resetting pressure with 22C. It’s extremely common to see players do 236A > 22C on block to continue pressure.
- Using 22C for poison damage can be fairly efficient with the right setups
- J.236C – Solid option for extending 236A/236B hits without sword buff.
- 2C > 5A/2A is -1
- 5C > 5A/2A is -1
- 6B(first hit) > 5A/2A is 0
- 6B(2nd hit) > 5A/2A is -1
L = Low, H = High, UNB = Unblockable, CS = Chain Shift
Startup includes the first active frame.
| Filthy Dog!
| Schild (charged)
| Guard Thrust
| Veil Off
| Kugel Blitz
| Sturm Brecher
| Sturm Brecher (charge)
| Sturm Brecher
| Sturm Brecher (charge) (with buff)
| Lohen Schneide / Lohe Garde (*)
| Sturm Schlag
| Sturm Schlag (charge)
| Hitze Falke
Infinite Worth EXS
| Megiddo Ausserst Groesse
1) Old Faithful
- something awkward, 6B > 6C , 2C > delay 5C > j.2C , 66C > 22X
- This works off anything everywhere, it's not good but when you hit something really wack it's good to :know this so you get hard knockdown.
- Good to know that if you do this off a non awkward starter and go into it fast you can replace 2C > :delay 5C > j.2C, with 2C > 5C > j.B > j.C > j.2C for more damage.
- Anything that goes into 6C you can do this route with so 2C > 3C > 6C, whatever sure, 2C > 5C > 6C, also fine.
2) Bad confirm GRD free (5A/2A/assault anything/2B > 2 more hits) *generally
- 3 hits > 214A , 6B > 5[C] > 9j.[C] > j.236[B] , 66C > 22X
- super reliable mid-screen combo, less hits is more damage
- For higher execution variant on some characters you can add a delayed 3C between 6B and 5[C]
3) Bad confirm Max damage (5A/2A/assault anything/2B > 2 more hits) *generally
- 3 hits > 214B, delay FF, 2C > 3C > 5[C] > 9j.[C] > j.236[B] , 66C > 22X
- higher damage but FF use drains 1 GRD block for like 200 more damage...good early in GRD cycle not so :good late if it would cause a loss of vorpal.
- j.B > j.C > j.2C > [FF] > 22A, 5C > jc j.B > j.C > j.2C, 66C(2) > 22B
- 2540 Damage (Vorpal 2789)
- j.B > j.C > j.2C > [FF] > 22A, 66C(2) > 214A/B > 236A~A > j.236[A], 66[C] > 22A
- 3177 Damage (Vorpal 3488)
- j.A > j.B > j.C > j.2C, 2C > 3C > jc j.B > j.C > j.2C, 66C > 22A/B
- 2279 Damage (Vorpal 2502)
- j.A > j.B > j.C > j.2C, 2C > 3C > 5[C] jc j.[C] > j.A > j.B, 66C > 22A/B
- 2457 Damage (Vorpal 2699)
|Judgement Blazer||White Lily||Viking Blue||Dark Nebula||Sharply Uvarovite|
|Abyss Walker||Eschscholtzia||Shadowy Iris||Beauty Gladiator||Vermillion Edge|
|Eis Herrscher||Bloodlust||Rapturous Green||Hazy Moon Night||Tiefsee Botschafter|
|Noble Fencer||Vivid Scarlet||Amethyst Sowrd||Sand Rose||Rage of Nature|
|Schelt Frau||Nacht Garten||Sakura Blade||Sacred Sabre||Autumn Abundance|
|Maidenly Rose||Dripping Blood||Icicle Pink||Vidofnir Feather||Longevity Witch|