Under Night In-Birth/UNIST/Wagner
- 1 Introduction
- 2 Profile
- 3 Gameplan
- 4 Move List
- 5 Universal Mechanics
- 6 Special Moves
- 7 Infinite Worth
- 8 Infinite Worth EXS
- 9 Combos
- 10 Videos
- 11 Colors
- 12 External Links
Erika Wagner is the "Crimson Knight" of the Licht Kreis. Infamous for taking a "burn-em-all" approach to any assignment she is given, even if it causes problems for her organization. She comes from a long line of knights in service to the Licht Kreis and has a constant need to prove her worth and be needed by Adelheid. She sees Orie as a rival.
For more lore info, read her page at the UNI Wikia.
- Health: 9990
- Character Archetype: Rushdown
- Character Trait: Has installs that can be used to buff her normals and specials. Sword install (22A) allows her to perform normals after her 236X~X specials, extending combo and pressure options. Shield install (22B) changes all of her shield specials (214A/B and FF) into guardpoints and she can special cancel after successfully guard-pointing moves. 214A/B gain improved frame advantage, as well.
- Vorpal Trait: Equips installs faster in vorpal, allowing for better frame advantage and combo routes. Sword chip damage increased during install.
- Pressure opponent at close/mid-range
- Maintain vorpal when possible (it can get lost quickly as a rushdown character)
- Spend meter like water to maintain pressure and advantage
- Abuse any attempts to create space by equipping installs and resuming pressure
How to beat this character
- Learn the range of her normals
- Whiff punish any poor button presses (6B/5C on whiff are free punishes)
- Learn when to shield her pressure or jump/backdash to bait whiffs
- Ensure that you can react to her IC FF ([B+C]) overhead
- Learn the fuzzy mash timings against her special strings
- Be patient if she has meter, because she can easily burn a significant amount of time by using meter to re-equip both installs and continue pressure at no risk
- Learn to play around her guardpoints on both offense and defense. While those moves give her plus frames on offense, they also allow her to easily punish careless gaps in her opponent's offense. Always keep her options in mind while structuring your offense.
- If you have vorpal, don’t be afraid to guard thrust if you’re forced to block her 22C. It takes away her shield install and negates her free pressure at little cost.
Fundamentals for this character
- High pressure, high momentum. Once you get rolling, don’t let up.
- Always maximize your opportunities. If the opponent provides space, equip installs or concentrate. If the opponent attempts to approach, abuse your fast and large normal, or intercept them with your own specials (236A with sword install, for example).
- Do not be afraid to burn meter for continued pressure. In fact, it’s not a terrible idea to save meter for that express purpose, when you don’t feel comfortable elsewhere.
Top 3 easy to use normal
- 5C – large hitbox that covers both ground and air approaches from opponents. Converts into high damage combos at all ranges, though the routes change depending on range.
- 5B – extremely fast 7f normal for its range. Leads into reasonably good damage and carry, and can be used to interrupt numerous blockstrings where opponents are normally too far away to be reached. Good combo tool as well.
- 5A/2A – 5f normals with reasonable horizontal ranges that share the same frame data. 5A has a decent vertical hitbox, and 2A is a low. Nothing too special, but extremely useful.
- J.A – fast overhead with a downward hitbox. With vorpal, it’s possible to combo from an instant overhead assault j.A.
- J.C – large air normal that can force opponents out of the air or keep them blocking at longer ranges than most
- 2C – long range low that moves Wagner forward. Has versatile hit confirm options. Useful in combos, as well.
- 6B - 8F huge move that leads into very high damage combos on hit, and is 0 on 6B(1hit) > whiff A.
- 66C - 10F huge low move that you can spend meter to start your pressure or combo.
Top uses for meter
- 22C – +9 on block and equips both installs (unless both are already equipped, in which case it unequips them to do poison damage on hit). There’s basically no more efficient option with meter than resetting pressure with 22C. It’s extremely common to see players do 236A > 22C on block to continue pressure.
- Using 22C for poison damage can be fairly efficient with the right setups
- J.236C – Solid option for extending 236A/236B hits without sword buff.
- 2C > 5A/2A is -1
- 5C > 5A/2A is -1
- 6B(first hit) > 5A/2A is 0
- 6B(2nd hit) > 5A/2A is -1
L = Low, H = High, UNB = Unblockable, CS = Chain Shift
Startup includes the first active frame.
|Sturm Brecher (charge)
|Lohen Schneide / Lohe Garde (*)
|Sturm Schlag (charge)
Infinite Worth EXS
|Megiddo Ausserst Groesse
1) Old Faithful
- Something awkward, 6B > 6C , 2C > delay 5C > j.2C , 66C > 22X
- This works off anything everywhere, it's not good but when you hit something really wack it's good to :know this so you get hard knockdown.
- Good to know that if you do this off a non awkward starter and go into it fast you can replace 2C > :delay 5C > j.2C, with 2C > 5C > j.B > j.C > j.2C for more damage.
- Anything that goes into 6C you can do this route with so 2C > 3C > 6C, whatever sure, 2C > 5C > 6C, also fine.
2) Bad confirm GRD free (5A/2A/assault anything/2B > 2 more hits) *generally
- 3 hits > 214A , 6B > 5[C] > 9j.[C] > j.236[B] , 66C > 22X
- Super reliable mid-screen combo, less hits is more damage
- For higher execution variant on some characters you can add a delayed 3C between 6B and 5[C]
Alternate Variation) More bad confirm
- 3 hits > 214A , 6B > j.[C] > j.236[A] , 66C > 22X
- For use on routes that use an A, B and C move. example 5A > 5B > 5C see section VI for full listing.
3) Bad confirm Max damage (5A/2A/assault anything/2B > 2 more hits) *generally
- 3 hits > 214B, delay FF, 2C > 3C > 5[C] > 9j.[C] > j.236[B] , 66C > 22X
- Higher damage but FF use drains 1 GRD block for like 200 more damage...good early in GRD cycle not so :good late if it would cause a loss of vorpal.
- Higher damage but FF use drains 1 GRD block for like 200 more damage...good early in GRD cycle not so good late if it would cause a loss of vorpal.
- Same limitations for ground starters as BnB 2.
4) Good confirm midscreen (5B/5C/214A/6B/most things)
- Opener > [FF] > 22A , 66B > 214[A] , 66C > (214B) > 236A > delay followup A , 2C > j.2C > 22X
- 214B extension should only be used when not at corner
- You can flip 214[A] and 214B for the same damage, it makes the combo more consistent on some characters, like Hilda, but less reliable on others.
- Openers: damage assumes point blank. There are many more see Optimizing Midscreen Good Starters at the bottom for a more complete list.
- A) 5C > 214A , 2C
- B) 5C > 214A > 6B > 6C
- C) 5C > 2C > 3C > 6C
- D) 5C > 6B > 6C
- E) 5B > 5C > 2C
- F) 5B > 2C > 3C > 6C
- G) 5B > 6B > 6C
- H) 5B > 214A > 2C
- J) 6B > 6C
- Then you finish up the combo so an example combo would be
- 5B > 6B > 6C > [FF] > 22A , 66B > 214[A] , 66C > 214B > 236A > delay followup A , 2C > j.2C > 22A
- These enders are to replace "66C > 236A> delay A> 66C > 22X", at the end.
A) Safe Assault/win GRD variation
- 66C > (214X) > 236B > delay B , j.236[A] , 5[D]/6D
- Often used to 5[D] and win GRD.
- Most damage
- You can also get a buff, but it's extremely tight and not recommended.
- 214X is only performed midscreen
B) Corner Double Buff
- Run forward 3C > 5[C] > j.[C] > j.A > j.B > 66C > 22B
- Does less than the normal ender, but ends in double buff, generally very worth it.
C) Corner Damage
- 66C > 236B > immediate B , 2C > j.2C > 22X
- Adds like 50 damage over midscreen combo if all 236B hits connect.
- 214[X] must put them against the wall, or you will put yourself in the corner instead aka bad.
D) Old Ender/No Jump
- 66C > (214X) > 236A > delay followup A , 66C > 22X
- This is the old ending route and is still used on many other wagner routes, where a jump has already been used.
- 214X is only performed midscreen
HELP I HAVE SHIELD BUFF STARTING ON THIS COMBO, AND I CAN'T FOLLOWUP AFTER 214[X]:
- No worries there either do a 214A starter, or instead of 66B > 214[A] do 66B , 3C > 214[A], and make sure to use 214B for the optional shield rush at the end if you use it. 66B , 6B(both hits)> 214[A] will also work as a replacement, and will do more damage in routes where 3C was already used.
- What if I have sword buff can I get more damage? Yes, but it's results in different combos see the Pre-Buffed combos section.
5) Same as above but 1 less bounce used, bit less carry.;
- Opener > [FF] > 22A , 66B , 3C > j.[C] > j.A > j.B , 66C > (214X) > 236A > delay followup A , 66C > 22X
- New Openers:
- A) 2C > 2A (whiff) , 2B > 6C:
- B) 5B > 2C > 5[C] > 6C
6) Random corner hit non knockdown, less hits more damage
- 3 hits > 214B > [FF] > 22A , 3C > 214[A] , 66C > 236B > delay followup B > j. 236[A] , 66C > delay 214X > 22X
- Same 3 hit rules apply as BnB2 see section VI at bottom for more info.
ALTERNATE VARIANTS: A) If 2 hit starter
- 2 hits > 214B > [FF] > 22A , 2C > delay 3C > 214[A] , 66C > 236B > delay followup B > j. 236[A] , 66C > delay 214X > 22X
B) If 1 hit starter
- 1 hits > 214B > [FF] > 22A , 6B > delay 2C > delay 3C > 214[A] , 66C > 236B > delay followup B > j. 236[A] , 66C > delay 214X > 22X
- Very difficult an advance combo basically.
- 6B > delay 2C does not work on Yuzu or Merk.
C) If bad 3 hit starter/4 hits
- lots of hits > 214B > [FF] > 22A , 3C > 214[A] , 66C > 236B > followup B , 2C > j.2C , 66C > delay 214X > 22X
- bad starters are a bit more complicated 2AA > 5C the normal route works but 5A > 5B > 5C and you need this route. Same rules as Bnb 2 and 3.
- Wagner Basic BnBs by ShinsoBEAM (2018)
- Advance Wagner Combos by ShinsoBEAM (2018)
- Wagner Tutorial by Redblade (2019)
|Judgement Blazer||White Lily||Viking Blue||Dark Nebula||Sharply Uvarovite|
|Abyss Walker||Eschscholtzia||Shadowy Iris||Beauty Gladiator||Vermillion Edge|
|Eis Herrscher||Bloodlust||Rapturous Green||Hazy Moon Night||Tiefsee Botschafter|
|Noble Fencer||Vivid Scarlet||Amethyst Sowrd||Sand Rose||Rage of Nature|
|Schelt Frau||Nacht Garten||Sakura Blade||Sacred Sabre||Autumn Abundance|
|Maidenly Rose||Dripping Blood||Icicle Pink||Vidofnir Feather||Longevity Witch|