Them's Fightin' Herds/Pom
- 1 Profile
- 2 Gameplan
- 3 Movement Options
- 4 Normal Moves
- 5 Special Moves
- 6 Super
- 7 Throws
- 8 Magic
- 9 Combos
- 10 Links
Stages: Baaah, Rainy Baaah, Sleepy Baaah
Voice Actor: Allie Moreno
Pom is TFH’s resident Puppet (or should we say pup-et) Character. Potential Sections: When to call dogs, Set play, pressure, etc.
66 - Forward Run, can be crouch canceled.
44 - Back dash
j.66 / j.44 - Short Air dash, can be canceled into float
j.7/8/9 - Float, can float out of jump, air dash, or air normal.
B+C / 6B+C
Pom starts each round with her Magic gauge, which holds 3 stocks, completely filled. She uses magic stocks to call her pups and then a direction + the magic button (D) will cause the pups to do different attacks. Each pup and dog takes a different amount of magic to call. You can have any combination of dogs summoned, as long as the total adds up to no more than 3. They can be activated during other moves and can be activated using negative edge (when you do a command while releasing a button instead of pushing it).
|Rally||DD||Calls pups to where Pom is standing. Cannot be used while Pom is in blockstun/hitstun.|
|Move Dog||[D] + 4/6||Moves pups left or right depending on the direction held. Can be done at any time, but dogs move slower while Pom is in hitstun.|
|Dismiss Dog||22A/B/C/D||Dismisses dogs on the screen. A/B/C dismiss specific dogs. D dismisses all. Can be used at any time.|
|Negative Edge Activation||Release D while holding a direction.||Allows you to move and then immediately activate dog. Cannot be used while Pom is in blockstun/hitstun.|
|Attack||Direction + D (see moves below for specifics)||Can be done during other moves. Cannot be used while Pom is in blockstun/hitstun.|
Digging Pup, Following
|Digging Pup, Following
Combos with Pom can vary a lot, depending on what dogs, if any, you have out, as well as if you want to prioritize damage, meter gain, or oki.
- 5A > 5B > 2B > 5C > 3C > jump cancel > j.A > j.B > j.C
- - If there's one thing I would say to practice first, its this. It may just be her ground chain into her air chain, but it also leads to her main way to combo into dog summons, which leads to high damage/good oki.
- J.B Loops
- Vs airborne opponent > 2B > IAD > j.B > land > repeat
- Vs airborne opponent > 2B > jump cancel > j.B > air dash/float > j.B > land > repeat
- - Also important to know, these are useful if you're looking to build meter, or just for dogless filler/corner carry in combos. These are also interchangeable.
- At max JD > 5B > 2B > 6A > 5B > 2B > 5C > (2C) > 6C > 236XX > summon dogs
- - For when you want to go for damage, this is generally what you will do. The 2C can be included when JDG isn't too high.
- At <=280 JD > 5B > 5C > 2C > summon dog
- - For when you want to go for oki, 2C causes a hard knockdown, and canceling into summon lets you recover faster.
- 5A > 5B > 2B > 5C > 3C > jump cancel > slight delay > j.A > j.B > slight delay > j.C > land > (236B > 5B > etc)
- 5A > 5B > 2B > 5C > 3C > jump cancel > slight delay > j.A > air dash/forward float > j.A > j.C > land > (236B > 5B > etc)
- - Probably one of the most important things to learn about comboing with Pom is the fact that she can use j.C groundbounce to summon bitey mid-combo, and use him for either oki, or damage. The second version uses less JD, but is ultimately less damage.
- With Digger out, vs grounded opponent > 5C~6D > 236B/214B > Bitey/Airbud Combo
- With Digger out, vs airborne opponent > 6D~2B > 236B/214B > Bitey/Airbud Combo
- - Better ways to summon Bitey/Airbud mid-combo if you have digger ready.
- After starter > 236B > 5B > 5C > 2C > 6AD > Bitey hits > 2B > 5C > 2C > 6A~D > Bitey hits > 5B > 2B > 6A > 5B > 2B > 5C > 2C > 6C > 236XX
- - My go-to BNB for damage, after a certain input-leniency change /salt. Works as long as JD is not max for at least the first bitey hit.
- After starter > 236B > (dash) > 5B > 5C > 2C > summon digger
- - For when you want to go for a HKD instead of damage.
- With Bitey out, vs grounded opponent > 5C > 6D > dash > (5B) > (2B) > 5C > (2C) > 6D > dash > ender
- - Very high damage start, you may have to add the 5B/2B/2C if the opponent is too close to bitey.
- After starter > 214B > dash > 5B > 2B > IAD > j.B > 6D > Airbud hits > land > 5B > 2B > IAD > 6D > Airbud hits > land > 5B > 2B > 6A > 5B > 2B > 5C > 6C > 236XX
- - If you want to combo into Airbud instead of Bitey for some reason.
- After starter > 214B > (dash) > 5B > 5C > 2C > summon digger
- - For when you want to go for a HKD instead of damage.
- With Airbud out > (2C/5C/3C) > 3D > Airbud hits > dash > delay > 2B > IAD > 6D > Airbud hits > j.B loops > ender
- - Confirm from Airbud groundbounce that uses up the charges as fast as possible in order to be ready to summon again for the ender.
- With Airbud out > (2C/5C/3C) > 3D > Airbud hits > dash > delay > 2B > 214AD > Airbud hits > (dash under side swap) > 2B > j.B loops > Ender
- - Similar to above, but with the option to side swap, and a follower digger summon thrown in.
- After starter > 236C > 5A > 2B > 2C > 6A > 3D/9D
- - Very strong mom setup, 3D can be timed to be meaty, or 9D can be used for a tick grab setup.
- 5A > 5B > 2B > 5C > 3C > jump cancel > slight delay > j.A > j.B > j.C > land > 236B > dash > 5B > 5C > 2C > 236A
- - My go-to HKD combo, leads to any number of dirty mixups.
- 5A > 5B > 2B > 5C > 3C > jump cancel > slight delay > j.A > j.B > j.C > land > 236B > 5B > 5C > 2C > 6AD > Bitey hits > 2B > 5C > 2C > 6A~D > Bitey hits > 5B > 2B > 6A > 5B > 2B > 5C > 2C > 6C > 236XX
- - My go-to damage combo, you can pick up off of the super for even more damage as well.