Samurai Shodown V SP/Suija
From Mizuumi Wiki
Bust Sogetsu with a peepee dance.
- Incredibly safe offensive options with bubble cancels.
- Bubbles are also a great defensive tool.
- Bubbles just kind of rock.
- Bubble punishes require a good read or careless opponent.
- Slow, unsafe low attacks make his high-low game a lot less scary.
- Damage taken: 105%
- Rage duration: 30 seconds
- Amount to rage: 39
- Walk speed: 336
- Backwalk speed: 336
- Dash speed: 1728
- Jump duration: 54 frames
- Width: 16
- Throw range: 16
| Deflect - 216D:
| Weapon Pickup - 5A:
| Taunt Disarm - Start Start Start:
| Engetsu - j.623S:
| Shougetsu - j.1236S:
| Getsurinha - j.421S:
| Shizuki - j.214S: (can be used unarmed)
| Tenshou: Suichuuha - j.236CD - WFT:
- 2AB ...
- Suija's only practical launcher, this leads to all of his best combos.
- ... xx j.1236AB
- Normally your best option, it does the most damage.
- ... xx j.421A 2BC
- Does slightly more damage than the above, only works near corner and harder to time.
- ... xx 8BC
- On backhit or far hit, they'll be popped too high up to hit with Shougetsu, so you have to use this.
- ... xx j.236CD
- Hurts. A lot. Most likely you'll want to do this, but you might want to save your rage instead since Suija's lasts a long time.
- 6C tk.236CD
- Works, but difficult to execute, harder to confirm, and only combos right near the corner.
- 3C 2BC
- Tiny bit more damage off your ground slide. Handy.
- 2AB j.AB j.AB j.AB ...
- Requires quite a bit of time for the first hit, and you're probably better off with the Issen, but if you want to show off here you go.
- 2AB Issen
- Standard launcher combo. Not explodable.
Damage and defense
- 2AB xx whatever - See the combo list above. This is always the best option if you have enough time for it.
- 5AB - Slow, but the range is huge so it can beat whiffs out cleanly.
- 3C 2BC - Good on a long range hit.
- j.214S - It's kind of slow, but the range is nice and you can beat a lot of things on reaction with it. You need to already be somewhat high up in the air for this.
- 2AB - Slow, but if they're coming down on you from above, and you have the time to do it, you should always go for this.
- 5AB - When timed right this dashes under them, making Suija difficult to hit.
- 5A - Sogetsu's god poke returns. If they don't have a good downwards slice this will win out almost always.
- kara j.623S - Prevents them from following up with an attack on landing, since you'll likely have the advantage if you time it right.
- tk.12369S - Upwards flying Shougetsu. Not as fast as it looks, but can work in a punch.
- tk.2369CD - WFT beats all.
- If you are fighting against Suija, do not use heavy or punishable attacks and he will not be able to follow up his bubble easily. Easier said than done, but it's not as strong as it looks.
- This is going to get pretty heavy into frames, so skip to the last line if you don't care why.
- All bubbles have 6 frames of vulnerable recovery before you can attack.
- The primary ways of getting into bubbles are from 5C, 5BC, 44, and 2AB. Each of these has its ups and downs.
- 5C is the hardest to get an instant bubble from. You can input it like 6235C~B but you have to be fast. The primary advantage of this is that you are at the lowest point on the ground, and thus recover the fastest. You have 10 frames between the bubble ending and Suija landing, giving you enough time to do j.6 j.B(3 frame window) or j.C(4 frame window). Note that for a deep hit, you still need to hit the two frame window.
- 5BC is the easiest to cancel from, advances forwards, and the best option for going into a deep j.AB. Optimally, there is a minimum of 11 frames before landing. Normally, it will be more like 15-20.
- 44 is also very easy to cancel, and is usually used to bait whiffs or safely escape from throws. Note that this is the only bufferable action that gets you airborne. Optimally, there is a minimum of 11 frames before landing. Normally 15-20, though.
- 2AB is normally used as a whiff cancel, so that if they stick something out they will get hit, and if not you're safe in the bubble. It takes quite some time to land again afterwards, so be careful.
- The hitstun on deep hits should be known before you try to make use of this:
Move Startup Frame adv Min. req.
Followups j.7/9 j.A 6 +13 -10 3C / j.236CD j.7/9 j.B 7 +19 -10 n.5AB / 2AB / 3C / j.236CD j.C 6 +18 -10 n.5AB / 2AB / 3C / j.236CD j.AB 14 +38 -15 5AB / n.5AB / 2AB / 3C / j.236CD
- Table key:
- Move is the attack used on the way down.
- Startup is how many frames of startup the attack has. Note that you still need to hit the two frame window just before landing in order to deep hit.
- Frame advantage is how much time Suija will have to attack afterwards.
- Minimum required block disadvantage is how disadvantageous the opponent's attack must be, as listed on their frame data, in order to connect with the move. This is given an optimal scenario, where Suija is attacked on the bubble's last autoguard frame, the best air cancel(5C for all but j.AB) is used, the minimum height required to attack is used, and the minimum deep hit time occurs. Usually, you will need more frame disadvantage, because they will not connect on the last frame.
- Followups are the best options Suija has afterwards.
- Now the important parts, for attacks blocked by bubbles:
- Basically no A slashes can be punished, as they recover too fast.
- Most normal B slashes are between -9 and -14, meaning they cannot be punished with a j.AB, and require an optimal scenario to punish with any other attack.
- Nearly all AB slashes and most specials can be punished relatively easily, but require the opponent to actually use them.
- You can't deep hit on someone who is airborne, so pretty much any jump or hop will nullify anything you want to do after.
- For him to get a lot out of bubble tricks, it basically requires both a very good read and the opponent being willing to throw something large enough out that it can be punished.
|5A||4||7||4||20||1~3(3) / 7~15(9)||-||-3||-3||-8||Mid||Weak attack|
|5B||13||11||2||38||x||5~10(6)||-9||-1||-9||Mid||Medium attack, Deflectable(med)|
|2A||4||7||3||21||1~3(3) / 7~15(9)||-||-4||-4||-9||Mid||Weak attack|
|2B||13||12||3||32||1~3(3) / 12~19(8)||-||-2||+6||-9||Mid||Medium attack, Deflectable(med)|
|n.5A||4||7||4||20||1~3(3) / 7~15(9)||-||-3||-3||-8||Mid||Weak attack|
|n.5B||9||13||2||38||1~4(4) / 13~35(23)||9~12(4)||-7||+1||-9||Mid||Medium attack, Deflectable(med)|
|n.5AB||28||15||2||56||1~6(6)||13||-4||+6||-21||Mid||Heavy attack, Deflectable(heavy)|
|n.2A||4||7||3||21||1~3(3) / 7~15(9)||-||-4||-4||-9||Mid||Weak attack|
|n.2B||13||12||3||32||1~3(3) / 12~19(8)||-||-2||+6||-9||Mid||Medium attack, Deflectable(med)|
|5C||6||13||4||34||1~12(12)||-||-17||+5||-16||Mid|| Medium attack|
1-11f throw invul
|2C||2||5||2||19||1~2(2) / 5~15(11)||-||-4||-4||-9||Low||Weak attack|
|j8.A||7||4||18||29||x||-||--||--||--||High||Weak attack, Deflectable(weak)|
|j8.B||11||14||4||33||x||-||--||--||--||High||Medium attack, Deflectable(med)|
|j7/9.B||11||7||2||32||x||-||--||--||--||High||Weak attack, Deflectable(med)|
|j.AB||25||14||4||49||1~5(5)||-||--||--||--||High||Heavy attack, Deflectable(heavy)|
|5BC||15||20||5||38||1~19(19)||-||KD||KD||-12||High||Medium attack Knockdown attack|
|u.5BC||6||20||7||41||x||-||KD||KD||-15||High||Medium attack Knockdown attack|
|66B||14||31||9||52||5~30(26)||-||KD||KD||-15||High||Medium attack Knockdown attack|
|66AB||16||13||4||52||1~6(6)||-||KD||KD||-34||Mid|| Knockdown attack|
7-29f below knees invincible
|66C||9||8||10||25||1~4(4) / 22~25(4)||-||+1||+9||-12||Low||Medium attack|
|Shougetsu - j.1236S||17||15||26||x||x||-||KD||KD||-39||High||Medium attack Knockdown attack|
|Shizuki - j.214S||30||19||x||x||x||-||KD||KD||-18||High||Medium attack|
|Engetsu - j.623A||x||x||x||15||x||-||x||x||x||x||3-9f autoguard|
|Engetsu - j.623B||x||x||x||27||x||-||x||x||x||x||3-21f autoguard|
|Engetsu - j.623AB||x||x||x||48||x||-||x||x||x||x||3-42f autoguard|
|Getsurinha - j.421A||21||10||x||x||x||-||??||KD||??||Mid|
|Getsurinha - j.421B||21, 8||14||x||x||x||-||??||KD||??||Mid|
|Getsurinha - j.421AB||21, 8, 3||19||x||x||x||-||??||KD||??||Mid|
|Tenshou: Suichuuha - j.236CD||2xn + 30||6||90||x||x||-||KD||KD||??||Mid|