- 1 Profile
- 2 Gameplan
- 3 Normal Moves
- 4 Hougeki Moves
- 5 Throws
- 6 Special Moves
- 7 Ougi
- 8 Hiougi
- 9 Combos
- 10 Videos
- 11 Colors
- 12 External Links
Name: 孫権 仲謀 (Sonken Chūbō)
Real Name: Renfa
Historical Counterpart: Sun Quan - Zhongmou
Voice Actress: Harumi Sakurai
The second sister of the Son family, she is very serious and brooks no compromise. Driven to fulfill her task of keeping her kingdom safe, she heads for the battlefield with her trusty weapon, Conqueror of the South Seas.
Straightforward yet deceptive footsies character. Desk drop (214X) aka table chop allows Sonken to immediately get on your face, through projectiles, from the other side of the screen with an overhead. Her normals are decent, with 5A and 5B having better-than-average range within the cast. Her throw does little damage but can be combo’d into. 22X is air-invincible on frame 1, which a good alternative if you miss a 3B window. Her moves have very strange animations, like her 6B overhead, 2A (which is not a low!) and j.A. Her unique counter moves let her interrupt and punish predictable pressure strings without meter.
- Fire - Allows her to combo easier into rekka and doesn't scale as much as throw starter.
Slash of Faith
|Slash of Faith
22A/B/C (Air OK)
|The Oath to Heroes
|Seal of Sun Wu
- 2B/c.B/3C > 236A
- c.B is the fastest starter, 2B is your poke starter, and 3C is generally used only for guaranteed punishes or jump-in combos.
- [5A/2A]*n > 236AB
- Only 236AB is fast enough to combo from her A normals
- Throw > 236A/5C/j.C
- Using 236A is easier, but does slightly less damage than using 5C or j.C. Also, if 236A is done quickly, the opponent will be able to air-tech afterwards. It's actually possible to force a hard knockdown off of Throw 236A, but that requires them to be specifically low. A useful timing trick for this is to hold 4 (backwards) during the throw animation and then follow up with half-circle A for the 236A.
- 236B/C > Successful Parry > 5A > 236AB
- 22B/C (Anti-Air Counterhit) > c.B > 236A
- Using 3C instead of c.B is also viable, but much harder to time and space.
- 214X CH > 5A > 236AB
- Shuyu 236D > 5C
The easy near-universal ones, learn these when starting out:
- FC(3C) 6B > j.C > 6C > j.C > 3B > j.C > runup c.B > 236A (4060)
- Anti-air FC(3B) > j.C > 6C > j.C > 6B > j.C > runup c.B > 236A (3780)
Midscreen relaunches compared to the corner ones respectfully (you cannot repeat the same type of relaunch in the same combo). So for FC combos you end up with something like this corner-to-corner:
- FC(3C) > runup throw > 9j.B > land >[delay] 9j.B j.22C > runup c.B > 236A > 6C > j.A > 3B > c.B 22C > 3C > 236A (4700)
A throw as a starter offers more corner carry and is easier on timing and spacing, but scales down the combo by exactly 100. Although overall, it's best to start with the throw. You can also use Shuyu as a starter instead for more damage and the same corner carry.
236A and j.A offer more corner carry midcombo, but scale it down in damage
Use 3C > 236A as the ender if you're deep enough into the corner, or do 2B > 236A instead.
A 3B starter doesn't allow using 3B in the middle of a combo, but you should end up with 4000~ damage and a corner regardless.
- FC(3C) > [runup throw > 9j.B] or [8j.B] > [delay] 9j.B j.22C > runup c.B > 236A > 3B > c.B 22C > 5CC > c.B 22C > 2B > 236A (5040, 5140 without the throw)
With Sonken ending up in the corner after the c.B 236A, she's forced to skip straight into the 3B followup into the rest of the combo, and since she didn't use 6C, she gets to do 5CC afterwards.
- FC(3C) > throw > c.B 22C > c.B 22C > 3B > c.B 22C > 6B > c.B 22C > 5CC > c.B 22C > 2B > 236A (5260)
Alternative route for those who can't time this many 22X motions:
- FC(3C) > 3C 214B > 3C 214B > 3B > j.C > 5CC > c.B 22C > 6B > j.B 22C > c.B 236A (5460)
- (matchstart) FC(3C) > 236D > runup c.B 214C/B (so they hit the corner) > 3B > c.B 22C > 6B > c.B 22C > 5CC > c.B 22C > 2B > 236A (5060)
Hiougi is best done off of huge groundbounce launchers like 3B or 6B. Following either up with j.C and then going into the Hiougi also works, if you're already in the corner.
Koihime Enbu RyoRaiRai
|A Button||B Button||C Button|
|D Button||A+B Button||B+C Button|