7 8 9 A B C 4 5 6 D 1 2 3 E F
This is the standard layout for the game, with numericals representing directions and a four-button layout (with E and F being bound to A+B and B+C). (Think of the number pad on your keyboard).
- A: A characters light hit move.
- B: A characters medium hit move.
- C: A characters heavy hit move.
- D: Can be used to throw an opponent or to tech / break a throw.
- 66 - Run/Hop
- 44 - Backdash/Backhop
- E: If you have the macro for A+B assigned, then you can use this to access both buttons at the same time *optional binding
- F: If you have the macro for B+C assigned, then you can use this to access both buttons at the same time *optional binding
Each character has access to universal command moves which cause a fatal counter state if they hit an opponent who is attacking.
- 3B - A launcher attack, usually short range but is the quickest to use.
- 6B - A slow overhead attack, will cause groundbounce on a counterhit.
- 3C - A low attack, fairly short range but has the best combo potential when you start with this move.
- 6C - A slow attack that causes wallbounce on a counterhit.
2363214D is a special attack executed with three meter.
While your opponent is in a fatal counter state, you may execute a deadly super using 236B+C. This uses up 4 meter.
236D activates your strategist, and uses one meter.
A special move executed with A+B is an EX move and also uses one meter.