Eternal Fighter Zero/Ikumi Amasawa
Amasawa Ikumi (天沢 郁未) is a very quick and nimble character, and attacks with the power of blood. Many of her attacks spill the blood of her opponent all across the screen, and she uses this blood to increase the power of her special moves. Ikumi is well suited for offense and pressuring play.
Ikumi is the protagonist of MOON, a visual novel produced by Tactics in 1997. She followed the recent death of her mother, Miyoko, to an organization known as FARGO. During MOON, Ikumi joins FARGO to discover how and why her mother died, uncover its secrets, and exact a bloody revenge...
Stage: FARGO Research Facilities (FARGO研究施設)
- Ikumi is able to air jump once, and air dash/backstep twice.
- Ikumi's Medium attacks chain as follows: 5B(c) 5B(f), or 2B 5B(f).
- Ikumi has a "Blood" meter underneath her life gauge, which is split up into 8 bars. Ikumi fills this meter by either letting blood splash on her, or to a lesser extent by running over blood on the ground before it disappears. Many of Ikumi's attacks cause blood to be spilled in various amounts. Based on the blood meter, Ikumi has access to 3 levels of power (which will be called Blood Level or "BL" for the rest of the article):
- Blood Level 1 (0-2 filled bars): Meter is red. Ikumi's initial and weakest state.
- Blood Level 2 (3-5 filled bars): Meter is orange. Many of Ikumi's special moves increase in damage and/or speed. However those moves now consume 1 blood bar each time they are used.
- Blood Level 3 (6-8 filled bars): Meter is yellow. Many of Ikumi's special moves increase in damage and/or speed yet again. They still cost the same amount.
- When Ikumi's Blood gauge is completely filled, Ikumi automatically performs the "Violent Run" move, and the blood gauge temporarily turns into a "Genocide" gauge. The genocide gauge acts as the countdown timer for Ikumi's "Violent Run". While in this mode, Ikumi gains increased offensive capabilities and recoil armor. Further details on the effects of "Violent Run" are listed lower down.
The notation for the movelists can be found under Notation.
[ Startup: 4 | Hit:+3 | Block:+2 ]
Ikumi quickly swipes her open hand at the opponent's face. A typical 5A attack. Short, quick, and comboable into other B moves. Once further than point-blank range, it will whiff over some crouching opponents due to the angle of the arm. I guess that angle also makes it a decent anti-air attack.
[ Startup: 6 | Hit:+1 | Block:-1 ]
Ikumi slashes her hand downward at the opponent's torso. This move spills 1/4 bars of blood if it hits. Only useful as part of a combo.
[ Startup: 8 | Hit:+1 | Block:-1 ]
Ikumi stabs out her hand at the opponent's face. This move spills 1/4 bars of blood if it hits. It's not much of a poke, but it is probably one of the more decent ones she has. Usually only used as part of a combo as well.
[ Startup: 12 | Hit:+0 | Block:-2 ]
Ikumi does a vicious axe kick. If this move hits a midair opponent, it will slam them towards the ground at a 45-degree angle. If this slammed midair opponent hits the corner before hitting the ground, they will wallbounce. This move is absolutely critical for Ikumi's corner loops due to the wallbounce property. It is also a good move in ground combos, dealing good damage and keeping them upright for further comboing.
[ Startup: 4 | Hit:+0 | Block:-1 ]
Ikumi claws out with her hand down at the opponent's feet. A typical 2A attack. Weaker than 5A but hits low and is the starter for many of Ikumi's combos. Essential for the high-low mixup.
[ Startup: 7 | Hit:0 | Block:-2 ]
Ikumi stabs her open hand out at the opponent's shins. This move spills 1/4 bars of blood if it hits. This move has less range than what it looks like, and it can be blocked high too. Not very useful at all.
[ Startup: 13 | Hit:--- | Block:-7 ]
Ikumi does a sliding sweep feet-first, about 1/3 of the screen. This move will knock down the opponent if it hits. It's a better move than 5C to use alone, because of its range and knockdown properties. It really shouldn't be used in combos.
[ Startup: 6 ]
Ikumi stabs her open hand out down-forward. Probably Ikumi's best move jumping down onto the opponent. Her other jumping attacks don't really have the right angle or frequency.
[ Startup: 6~15 ]
Ikumi slashes her hand in a down-forward arc, and then stabs it out horizontally. This move spills 1/4 bars of blood if it hits. This move hits twice which is always nice to have, letting Ikumi have two opportunities to cancel into something else.
[ Startup: 8 ]
Ikumi flips around and does a two-footed kick diagonally up-forward. If this move hits a midair opponent, it will launch them far away, and slightly up. This is a vitally important move in any Ikumi loop combo, due to both the damage it deals and the way the opponent is launched when in the corner.
[ Startup: 6 | Hit:+1 | Block:+0 ]
Ikumi quickly swipes her open hand at the opponent's face. It can only be move-cancelled into specials, and it is too quick to hit-confirm with, so it's not really useful except in the middle of some of Ikumi's combos, where she can cancel it into the "Feast's Omen" grab quite easily.
[ Startup: 8 | Hit:+1 | Block:-1 ]
Ikumi stabs out her hand at the opponent's face. This move spills 1/4 bars of blood if it hits. Again, there's not much you can do after this dash attack other than cancel into a special move. However, you cannot use it to combo into the "Feast's Omen" grab, or anything else for that matter.
[ Startup: 21 | Hit:-4 | Block:-2 ]
Ikumi raises her foot slowly, and then does a vicious axe kick. This move works as a very deceptive overhead, since it looks almost exactly the same as a normal 5C. The only tell-tale sign is the short delay in its execution, which isn't much. Also, it can't hit midair opponents.
[ Startup: 5 | Hit:-2 | Block:-3 ]
Ikumi claws out with her hand at the opponent's shin. This move's usefulness is similar to Ikumi's 66A, but since it does less damage it is less useful.
[ Startup: 8 | Hit:-2 | Block:-4 ]
Ikumi stabs her open hand out at the opponent's shins. This move spills 1/4 bars of blood if it hits. Similar usefulness with the 66B.
[ Startup: 7 | Hit:--- | Block:-21.33 ]
Ikumi does a short running hop and does a two-footed kick diagonally up-forward very quickly. If this move hits a grounded opponent, they will be launched far away, and slightly up. This move comes out blazingly fast and launches the opponent, but the recovery time of this move is ridiculously long, and it is not jump-cancellable when blocked. Using this move by itself is an all-or-nothing gamble, and chances are you will be heavily punished. It is much better to use this move only for launching someone in the middle of a corner combo.
The notation for the movelists can be found under Notation.
|Red Line of Impulse|
|236A or (BL1)236B||1||550||Ground||Yes|
|623A or (BL1)623B||1||520||High/Air||Yes|
|Blood Meter MAX||1||1000||Ground||No|
|Invasion of Blood [SP Level 1-3]|
|Mirror of Lies [SP Level 1]|
|Separation [SP Level 1-3]|
|Sword of Friendship [1/3 HP, SP Level 3]|
| Red Line of Impulse (衝動の赤い線)
| 623* - Bloodstained Cross (血染めの十字架)
| 214* - Skyscraper (摩天楼)
| 41236C - Feast's Omen (宴の予兆)
Ikumi reaches out to grab the opponent's neck. If successful, she plunges her free hand into the opponents torso, pulls it out, and releases the opponent in an explosion of blood. This move spills 2.5 bars of blood if it hits.
| 2141236* - Invasion of Blood (血の侵食)
The first time this move is performed, Ikumi plunges her hand into the floor, using up the Level of SP specified. This step does not damage the opponent in any way. The next time this move is performed, Ikumi raises two fingers upwards, and a geyser of blood will spray up directly underneath the opponent. Any attack button can be used, but the damage dealt and the range of the geyser depends on the version used in the first step.
| 4123641236* - Separation (別離)
| 214214* - Mirror of Lies (虚言の鏡)
| 236236236C - Sword of Friendship (絆という名の剣)
Strategy, Tactics, and Combos
BnB combo: (close) 2A 5BBC 236A [Ic] 66A 41236C. Does about 2200 damage and should give you 2 to 3 blood bars. It requires at least red RF meter. If the opponent is against the corner, you can add a few more hits after the 41236C, such as 5BC j.C j.ABC.
BIC + Super combo route: 662c j.c 5c IC, 214214B, j.C 66 j.C 66 j.C [shadow hits] 5C, doublejump j.C, land, 66B j.B 66 j.B j.C, 5BB j.AAAA j.C [j.6C techpunish] Example
Ikumi's dash is one of the fastest, if not the fastest in the game. Use Ikumi's dash speed to pressure the opponent. The forward momentum of a dash can lead to a lot of close 2As, all possible lead-ins to throws, overheads, or more delayed hits. You can also just dash in and do a command throw once they start blocking more than they should.
Oh my, you seem quite tasty...
Your attacks are terrible...
(Ikumi is refering to Iori Yagami from The King of Fighters series.)
Get lost right now.
Don't want it to end?
OK, the end!
(Ikumi is refering to Kenshiro from Fist of the North Star.)
- Ikumi's "Red Line of Impulse" move is based on Leona Heidern's "Ground Saber" move, from The King of Fighters series.
- Ikumi's "Bloodstained Cross" move is based on Leona Heidern's "X-Calibur" move, from The King of Fighters series.
- Ikumi's "Skyscraper" move is based on Leopold Goenitz's "Yonokaze" move, from The King of Fighters series.
- Ikumi's "Seperation" move is based on Leopold Goenitz's "Yamidoukoku" move, from The King of Fighters series.
- Ikumi's "Sword of Friendship" move is based on Captain Commando's "Captain Storm" move, from Marvel vs Capcom 2.
- The lab in the background is part of the FARGO Research Facilities, where MOON takes place.
- During Ikumi's "Sword of Friendship" move, four of Ikumi's friends from the game MOON appear, in this order: Haruka, Yui, Youko, Kid.