Dengeki Bunko: Fighting Climax/DFCI/Taiga Aisaka
Though adorable, her unpleasant personality has earned her the nickname "Palm-top Tiger". Acts tough, but actually clumsy and a big crybaby.
Originally from the light novel series Toradora!
Taiga is an offensive powerhouse that rushes headfirst with her run speed and normals to make quick work of her enemies. Her toolset is well-rounded and bears no particular weakness. She wields various objects that make her moves deceptively large and her ability to corner carry is among the best in the game. Her Red Trump Card is the only one that is unpunishable on block. It is a full screen projectile that is air unblockable and overhead. In addition, her specials are among the better ones in utility for both neutral and combos.
- Excellent normals and special moves to remain on the offensive, especially 236X to check respect
- Versatile Red Trump Card with low risk and high reward
- 5[C] is a built in anti air and throw OS. It also boasts impressive range and active frames
- Good affinity with most assists
- Some difficulty with zoner characters
- Can be overwhelmed by characters that outrange her in melee combat
- Resource hog. She needs resources to remain a threat and can cause new players to overextend
Mashiro - Mashiro serves as both a potent neutral tool and potentially terrifying setplay. 5S unleashes a murder of baumkuchen that fiendishly roll forward, serving as a projectile to front your approach or as a combo extender. 6S sets out four cats that serve as both ample tick throw and high-low set-ups as well as checks against the opponent's movement and pokes as you close in.
Iriya - 5S gives you a plate projectile to use for setplay or to help you close in on opponents. 6S is a moped that can be used to punish Blasts or whiffed attacks and force out air options from the foe. Plates give Taiga setplay off every knockdown and give her a more threatening midscreen game. Iriya's tools complement Taiga's kit splendidly.
Zero - Zero is a counter assist with setplay capabilities, rolled into one. Furthermore, her 5S can act as a Guard Thrust or Dead Angle for the cost of 2 Meter. 5S is a counter that wallbounces the opponent on contact and checks the opponent’s pokes. 6S is a vine projectile that can be used for cross-up mix-ups and as a combo extender.
Universal Potential: Increases damage dealt by 10% for 20 seconds when health falls under 30%. If behind in rounds won, increases damage dealt by 20% instead.
Character Potential: Hit the opponent with 20 attacks (in the case of multi-hitting moves only the first hit is counted) for Attack Level 1 for 30 seconds. Can be activated once a round.
L = Low, H = High, A = Air
JC = Jump Cancel, SC = Support Cancel, EX = EX Cancel
ISC = Impact Skill Cancel, TCC = Trump Card Cancel, CAC = Climax Art Cancel
Startup includes the first active frame.
6 or 4
During Hell Thrust
|Snow Sled Ram
|Jumping Snow Sled Ram
6C or 4C
It's a Raid!
Don't Ignore Me!
|You're Pissing Me Off!
|Ranbu of Tiger and Dragon
- Numbers: Indicate direction (2 is down, 6 is forward, etc)
- (A): Light Attack
- (B): Medium Attack
- (C): Heavy Attack
- (S): Assist
- (>): The next part of the combo
- (OTG): On-the-ground. Attacks hitting a knockdowned opponent
- (): Brackets around a move indicate the move should be held down
- (X): Any attack button A/B/C
- (j.X): Jumping Attack/Move
- General Notes:
>In order for j.214AB to hit fully, you must delay it so that Taiga is just below her opponent when she does the move.
- 2A > 2B > 5C > 5AB
- 2A > 2B > 5C > 5AB > 41236BC
- 2A > 2B > 5C > 5AB > 214AB > 41236BC
- 2A > 2B > 5C > 5AB > 236AB > 63214BC
- 2A > 2B > 5C > 5AB > 214AB > 2B OTG
- 5A > 5B > 5C > 236C > 236AB
- 5A > 5B > 5C > 5AB (2 hit) > 214AB > 5B > 5C > 236C > 41236BC
- 5A > 5B > 5C > 5AB > 214AB > 5[C] > 236C > 41236BC [Midscreen to Corner]
- 5A > 5B > 5C > 5AB (2 hit) > 214AB > 5B > 5AB > 41236BC
- 5A > 5B > j.A > j.C > j.B > micro dash 5A > 5B > j.A > j.C > j.B > 5B > 214A > 41236BC [Standing Opponent] [Trump Active]
- 5A > 5B > j.C > j.B > micro dash 5A > j.C > j.B > 2A > 2B > 5C > 5AB > 41236BC [Smaller Standing Opponents] [Trump Active]
- 5[C] > 5AB > 5AC
- j.C > 2A > 2B > 5C > 5AB > 214AB
- j.C > 5A > 5B > 5C > AB (2 hit) > 214AB
- Throw > 2AAA > 2B > 2C
- Throw > 41236BC
- Throw > 214AB > 2A > 5B > 236C > 41236BC
- Throw > 5AC
- Throw > 2AAA > 2B > 2C > 214A > 236AB
- 4AB > Follow Up > j.B > j.C > double jump > j.B > j.C > j.214AB > 41236BC
- Meaty 4AB > 2A link > 2B > 5C > 5AB
- 2AB (CH) > 214AB > 5B > 5AB > 41236BC
- 214C > j.B > j.C > double jump > Power Up Blast
- 2AAA > 2B > 5C > 236C > 236AB > 5B > j.A > j.B > j.C > j.214A > ABC > 41236BC
- 2A > 2B > 5C > 236C > 236AB > 5B > 5C > 236C > 41236BC
- j.C > 2A > 2B > 5C > 236C > 236AB > 5B > j.A > j.B > j.C > j.214AB
- 4AB > Follow up > j.B > j.C > double jump backwards j.B > j.C > j.214AB > 41236BC
- 6S > 5A > 2AA > 2B > 5C > 236C [Ryuji Hits] > 236[AB]
- 2A > 5B > 6S > 5C > 5AB > [Ryuji Hits] > 5B > Power Up Blast
- 2A > 5B > 6S > 5C > 5AB [2 Hits] > 214AB > 5B > 236C > 5B > Wait > Power Up Blast
- 2A > 5B > 6S > 5C > 5AB > j.214AB > 5B > 236C > 236[AB]
- 2A > 5B > 6S > 5C > 5AB > 5B > 236C > [Ryuji Hits] > run > 5AC
- 4AB > Follow Up > 6S > j.B > j.C > double jump > j.B > j.C > 214AB > ABC > [Ryuji Hits] > 236[AB]
- 2A > 2B > 5C > 5AB + 6S > jump forward j.C > land 5[C] > 5AB > 214AB > 41236BC
- j.C > 2A > 2B > 5C > 5AB (6S) > run up Power Up Blast
- 4AB > Follow up + 6S > j.B > j.C (Kino hits) > land 5[C] > 5AB > 41236BC
- 5A > 5B > 5C > 236C > 5S > j.B > j.C > double jump > j.B > j.C > j.214C
- j.B > j.C > double jump > j.B > j.C > 5S > land > Power Up Blast OR 236C > 41236BC [Jumping Opponent Air-To-Air Confirm]
1. Run forward 214C The sled is meant to hit as a meaty and will give Taiga some advantage.
Official Character Intro:
|Color 1||Color 2||Color 3||Color 4|
|Color 5||Color 6||Color 7||Color 8|
|Color 9||Color 10||Color 11||Color 12|
|Color 13||Color 14||Color 15||Color 16|
|Color 17||Color 18||Color 19||Color 20|
|Color 21||Color 22||Color 23||Color 24|