- 1 Introduction
- 2 VA-Specific Notes
- 3 Normal Moves
- 4 Special Moves
Vise serves as the grappler of the game, and comes with common Capcom grappler traits: Slow speed, and high health, the highest in the game in fact. While Vise does have trouble dealing with zoning due to his poor mobility, he is considered the second-best VA after Warlock, making him the strongest tournament legal VA.
Vise's goal is to catch the opponent in frame traps so he can reliably land Body Scrap, his character-defining command grab. Vise has excellent tools to assist him in landing Body Scraps, most notably his homing missiles that can lock down opponents allowing him to move in up close. While staying in the skies seems like to would be a good way to avoid command grabs from this slow VA with poor air mobility, Body Scrap can be done in the air as well as on the ground and sports fantastic range well beyond the reach of Reptos and Killer Bee's air throws. However, the input for Body Scrap (623+L/H) is fairly strict, and you must end in the 3 position for it to come out. To play Vise, you have to be comfortable mashing very clean 623 motions in any situation. this video sums up his strengths quite nicely.
- Defense Modifier: x.88
- Guts rating: TBD
- Boost Type: Dash (quite slow)
- Air Boost Count: 1
- Highest Defense Modifier in the game (.88x)
- High damage potential from normals and specials.
- Possesses a very damaging command grab (Body Scrap), which can be done both on the ground and in the air, and sets up his offense for more.
- Strong, reliable okizeme setups with Dual-Seeking Missiles.
- One of the slowest VAs in the game. Immobile compared to the likes of Fordy and Killer Bee, and thus, can easily be zoned out.
- One of the widest VAs in the game, making him susceptible to more crossup shenanigans than other VAs.
- Losing his arm is devastatingly crippling to his gameplan.
- Zoning game is weaker compared to most VAs.
5LLH (Target Combo)
|Dual Homing Missiles
|Charge Capture Device
214+A (after Capture Device)
214+L/H (after Capture Device)
- Vise doesn't need to rely on large combos to do a lot of damage, and often enough one Body Scrap into a couple more tick set ups will earn you a round. However, he does have some stuff that he can do on hit. Most notably is j.Lx236W in the air. This will give you enough frames on hit to do just about anything to your opponent. Standard 5LLH ground chain works, or 5Lx214L/H.
- Vise has a lot of options for OTG follow ups to his knockdowns. In the corner j.2H is a great OTG option as if the opponent techs the knockdown, you are stillin maintaining pressure, and you can vary the timing for a mixup. After a successful OTG j.2H, you can either H throw or E-Pressure. H-throw and E-Pressure are both good OTG options if you are a little shorter on time to OTG. When shooting missiles after an opponent to lock them down as they wake up, you will often tag OTG if they fail to tech in time.
Hitboxes courtesy of Totu_Q