Arcana Heart 3/Kira Daidohji
If you ever wished your grappler could fly, look no further. Kira has big moves and the damage to match. Arcana Heart's system makes her interesting at neutral and dangerous up close. Hope you have strong hands, you're going to be churning a lot of butter.
1 - Homing Approach
Kira's A moves are all super slow, so you won't be using it much outside of combos. Your main tools on your approach are JC and JE. JE, is great when you are above your opponent. It has a relatively strong hitbox and it is unclashable. Your opponent won't be able to challenge it with 5A clash on reaction. It also hits Cross up from a lot of sharp angles. JC is slow, but it has clash from frame 1 and good reach. This move is a core component of Kira's air game because its hard to get in almost any other way. When homing straight into your opponent you can force a clash battle at will with JC. You can also clash though many attacks and use it defensively for your homing.
2 - Neutral Spacing
Kira has a set of anti air grabs, but those are risky and can lead to a loss of momentum. Definitely not something you want in AH3. 2B is an air unblockable with good reach and start up. You can use it to tag jump outs, jump ins and force clash. You need to throw it out early though, the start up has nothing going for it. If someone is trying to 6D, ice step towards you or engage in a clash battle with you, 5C could come in hardy. It has clash from frame 1 and can set up a command grab after the clash.
3 - Hit Confirms
2B confirms into almost anything. It floats your victim, so you can confirm it into the 623 series for EF or homing combos. In the air, when forcing your opponent to block toward the ground, with JE or JB you can anti air them with 2B into the same thing. If they try to get away with a 4GC, you can anti air them with 6C. Low JE hits can also be confirmed into 2B and etc.
4 - Defense
Kira's SPDs are faster than her normals... So poking out is strictly forbidden. You could try to force your way out with 5C, but you're encouraging a clash battle. You could also out right win the clash battle with C Driver, but that is range dependent. You lose to characters with better A or B moves out right. Also, if your opponent knows what they are doing they would just try to jump out. Of course, if you read the jump you can counter with 2B. Make sure you account for good reversals and 4GCs. Every Kira player needs to get used to this RPS with Kira. I'm sure Sirlin would play this character. Kira doesn't have much trouble with projectiles though. 2B is a great move for that as well. Against projectiles that you cannot reflect, you're better off blocking since unplanned and sporadic movement can lead to sadness for Kira.
Few Arcana perfectly compliment Kira. Most of the time, you will go with choices that supplement her high stamina and increase her damage potential. Think of it as upgrading a tank.
One of, if not the most popular arcana for Kira. Not only does it supplement your stamina, but metal can boost your damage of small confirms enormously. Metal Kira has an easy confirm into Dikaiosi that eats chunks of health at a time. You can continue to make Kira strong and stronger for that round with Epidosis. Metal shield also helps Kira with some mixups post knock down. They can't hit you, but you can grab them.
Earth gives you a lot more stamina but takes some power out of your punches. Luckily, Earth Punches can fix that with the right confirms. Earth's 6D can also give you some interesting gimmicks for your SPD.
Evil (Commonly referred to as poison) offers powerful projectile okizeme, and a swap positions super to combo while your force gauge is recovering. Teleports can also be used to mess up the positioning of zoning characters such as Scharlachrot, and make approaching them that much easier.
Thunder takes Kira's existing clash game and adds to it with a fantastic reversal/anti-air in the form of 623E and clash frames on forward dash. During okizeme, Fearg Lorg can lock down your opponent as they try to guess their way around a throw mixup. It's especially dangerous since Kira's 623 series can punish people trying to chicken block it on wakeup.
Spin her round and round... like a record.
- 5/2A 2B
- 5B 5C
- 2B 41236A 2B [hjc] JA [jc] JA JB JE [land] ~
- Will miss on small characters such as Fiona. First 2B must be pretty much point blank, or close to that.
- 2B [hjc] JA [delay] JE 2B [hjc] JA [jc] JA JB JE [land] ~
- Another point blank combo.
Homing Cancel Combos
- 2C 3D 2C 3D 2C 3D 2C 2C
- Yes this still works. Emergency use only.
- 5C 6D 2B ~
- 2B 623C [EFC] 5D JC JA [jc] JE JB [delay] JC [land] 2C 41236B ~
- This is one of Kira's most damaging 623C followups. 41236B can be replaced with Evil 623E for poison although you lose the RPS opportunity, or Steel 214E to protect against wakeup mashing.
- JE 2B [EFC] [delay] 2B [hjc] JA [jc] JA JB JE [land]～
- JE 2B 623B [EFC] JC 5A 2B [hjc] JA [jc] JA JB JE 2C
- JE 2B 623C [EFC] hc JA JB JA [jc] JA JB [small delay] JC 2C
- 2B 623C [EFC] [arcana super/blaze]
- 2B [EFC] 623C [arcana super/blaze]
- 623C combos
- Metal, Thunder, Evil, Light, Arcana Blaze all are guaranteed. Metal requires the 2nd combo as you need to perform the Blaze the second after you bounce them off the ground with 623C. Depending on timing Love can be made unavoidable.
- 2C 41236A/B
- Sets up RPS at the end of a combo or a 2B launch at the beginning of one.
- 623C EFC 5D D~jC jB jC jA [jc] jE jB jE land 2C
- 2B 2E [delay] 214214E JE [land] ~
- It is possible to loop this twice using 623C instead of 2E on the second loop.
Follow-ups from JE [land]: 5A 5B 2[E] 214E~9 jB jE [land] 2C
- 2C 623E
- Guaranteed poison at the end of a combo, although oki is not strong.
- 2[E] 236E9 JB JE 623C EFC 5D JE JB JE 2C 5[E]
- It is not possible to get this from 623B 6D 5B
- 2B 2E 236E~9 623C ~ [swords / EFC/HC combo]
- For those that want to break up the monotony of 2B 623C xx SWORDZLOLOLOLOL
- 2B 2E [EFC] 9D JA [jc] JA JB JC 5A 5B 2[E] 623C 236236E
- Extremely high damage EFC combo with metal, timing is crucial to ensure you're still in extend force at the end.
- 2B 623C EFC 5D D~jA jB jE jA jc jA jE jB falling jE land 2C 623E
- Timing is a little strict with the D~jA, going too high will make jE whiff
- ~2B 623B 4D 5B 2[E] EFC 5B 2[E] 236E 5B 2[E] 236E
- Does somewhere in the realm of 11k, use 6D when doing this on a cornered enemy to cross under them and ensure they cannot hit the wall early from the icicles. The magic rule of <3 hits applies here as well. If you use the jA jE 5AA 623B hit confirm, expect to only be able to hit the first rep of the icicle loop as they will be able to tech as you charge the 3rd 2[E].
- ~5B/2C EFC 5C 2C 41236C 5A 5B slight pause 5C 2C 5[E]
- When done off a raw sweep or 5B, will do around 10k. This combo will drop if the 41236C hits from too far, as they will be able to tech at the 5B. This combo will work off of 623B 4D, and may require some care to ensure the proper distance is achieved to make the 5C 2C 41236C sequence hit deep enough. Interesting oki setup as Kira's dropkick will cover about 2/3rds of the zoomed in screen.
A crouching slap chop. This move isn't a a low but but it can knock projectiles down. This move is pretty low for an A move, so if you are going to try to use this to mash out you'll get yourself into trouble. This move is jump cancellable on block.
Slap chop. This move is jump cancellable on block.
Crouching uppercut. This move is air unblockable and only highjump cancellable. It can also reflect projectiles straight up. The reflect frames on this move is pretty good as you can do things like flips all of Love's 3 Ball super away with one shot. On hit you can follow up with a highjump cancel into a combo.
Noogie punch. There is a good bit of clash on this moves start up. Unlike before, she does not move forward doing the move anymore and it is now air blockable. On hit the opponent is ground slammed, enabling you to follow up after their bounce.
Big sweep, this is Kira's only low move. It has a range of uses from punishing back dashes to OTG strings. This move is air unblockable so you could use it right before your opponents landing.
Angry yakuza kick, this move is like 5C with a forward rush. Unlike 5C this move is air unblockable. On hit this move will blow the opponent towards the wall. This move's recovery isn't that bad but there is more than in the last game. You could use it as a [whiff -> throw] setup.
Crouching BIG uppercut. Also air unblockable and can reflect projectiles, but rather than straight up knocks them diagonally. Just like 6C, 2E's start up has a lot of clash on it so its not a bad idea to buffer 360s or so. At max charge this move guard crushes.
A dropkick with some serious horizontal reach. This move has big clash on its start up as well. On hit you could do a HC to punish any techs. Should you cancel this move you would be in an airborne state, so remember that just in case you want to use an arcana move or so. At max charge this move guard crushes.
Air slap chop. This hitbox on this move has been lowered so you could just wave it anywhere and clash with shit... for lack of better words. This is jump cancellable.
Air noogie punch. This will ground slam the opponent and if they tech, you can punish them depending on your height.
Flying yakuza kick. This move has clash right as it is coming, but after it clashes it loses its attack hitbox. You should always try to cancel this into something. This move can cross up.
The body press that every grappler must have. This move has big cross up potential. This move is unclashable so be wary about jumping in against DPs.
|Kira-sama Driver 「きら様ドライバー」 - ABC
|Flying Kira-sama Driver 「フライングきら様ドライバー」 - J214ABC
|Daidohji Bunker Buster 「大道寺バンカーバスター」 - 63214ABC
|Head-smashing Back Drop 「脳天直撃バックドロップ」 - ABC [During Daidohji Bunker Buster]
|Ekodashiki Grenade 「江古田式グレネード」 - 623A
|Ekodashiki Rocket Cannon 「江古田式ロケット砲」 - 623B
|Ekodashiki Landmine 「江古田式ランドマイン」 - 623C
|Ekodashiki Cluster 「江古田式クラスター」 - 41236ABC
|Armageddon Buster 「アルマゲドンバスター」 - A+B
|Flying Armageddon 「フライングアルマゲドン」 - J6321463214A+B
|Last Armageddon Drop 「ラストアルマゲドンドロップ」 - A+B
2. Athrun Zala (Gundam Seed)
9. Haruka (Yosuga no Sora)
10. Akane (Paniponi Dash)
13. Kyouka (Kyouran Kazoku Nikki)