Neutral 6D can be very useful to help Karulau get in. Other players have a tendency to duck the gunfire rather than block it, allowing you a chance to land a raw 623X into massive damage. 6D can also be thrown out to keep chicken blocking opponents airborne long enough to move in for an air unblockable move.
6D is very effective at providing a safety net in case you find yourself in a bad spot after dropping a combo or blockstring. Octavia is not as useful for extending combos as other partners may be though.
Very situational combo extender as player side has a major bearing on the startup for her assist attacks. A combo that works on the P1 side may simply not work on the P2 side. She does, however, allow for some big damage combos in certain situations.
5D trap can catch and allow dash > 623X attacks to hit from even full screen. 4/6D is mildly useful as a combo extender but, because of its steeper attack angle, it is not as universally useful as normal Ma-Ryan’s divekick. It does, however, ground bounce, allowing additional follow up attacks.
5D serves as a simple combo extender, keeping opponents suspended in the air allowing Karulau to wind up a stronger move. 5D can also serve to lock inattentive opponents down from range. You can attempt to utilize 4/6D by crossing up with a blocked 66C.
Much like Ulthury, Camyu's 5D can relaunch opponents caught with 623X attacks or 214B juggles quite easily.
- 2A 2B(1) 2C
- 2A 2B(1) 66A 236A/B (A in corner, B midscreen)
- 2A 2B(1) 66A 214,1236+AB (especially damaging in high emotion)
- 2A 2B(1) 66A 63214,6+BC
- close: 2A 5A > etc
- emotion high 2A > 2A > etc
- counterhit j.C > 2B(2) 214,1236+AB
- 623X > 2B(2) 214,1236+AB
- anti air 2B(1-2) 214,1236+AB
- 623X > walk > 5B > 214B 214214+AB (If timed correctly, super will do additional damage, especially in emotion high state. May not work in corner.)
- corner: BC > 2B(2) 214,1236+AB
- corner: BC > 2B(2) 214B > 2B(1) 214,1236+AB
- corner: emotion high or counterhit 623X > 623A > 2B(1) 214B > 2B(1) 214,1236+AB
Emotion High / Counterhit
- 623X > 623A > 2B(1) 214,1236+AB
- 623X > 623A > 63214,6+BC
- 623X > 214,12369+AB > walk 2B(2) 214,1236+AB
- 5B/2B/5C > BC
- emotion high and counterhit: 2C > 2B(2) 214,1236+AB (only use 2B when close)
- emotion high 4/6 throw > 236A
- 214,1236+AB > 236A/B
- air hit 214,1236+AB > 623A/B
- 214,1236+AB > 214,1236+AB (only use if it will kill)
- emotion high 4/6 throw > 214,1236+AB (only use if it will kill)
- 2A 5A 5B 66A 5D 623A...
Ulthury / Camyu
- 623X 2B 5D 2141236+AB 66B/C 236A (5B 214B if 66X wallbounces)
- 2A 2B 6D 236A 66A...
Yuma (P1 facing right or P2 facing left only unless noted otherwise)
- 2A 5A 5B 6D~
- 623X 2B 2141236+AB 6D B+C (reliant upon Yuma wallbounce)
- 623X 2B 5D 2141236+AB 214214+AB (impractical but looks cool- an additional 2141236+AB super will do much more damage)
- 2A 5A 5B 5D 66A 214B [Captured]... (you can land 5B 214B 214214+AB Critical Hit when the opponent jumps up out of the trap)
Quick, short range swipe. Not much of a poke because of it's range but it's slightly faster than 2A making it a little more reliable to combo into from crossup j.B. Only chains into specials and B-series normals.
Long, one-handed horizontal sword strike. Good range and at max distance, you can still combo into a few of Karulau's specials and supers. Whiffs on crouching opponents if you aren't fairly close (whiffs completely on crouching Morgan, regardless of range).
Vertical sword strike. Not as much range as her 5B but it has a much taller hitbox and will end in a hard knockdown on jumping opponents. Chains into B+C but only combos on counter hit.
Crouching low kick. Chains into 5A or B attacks. Generally a better poke than 5A as it has more range and is only marginally slower on startup.
Karulau's godlike anti-air. She swings her sword up far and high. Like most all normals, it is air unblockable so you know if you're going to catch your opponent with this attack. It also hits twice, giving you plenty of time to cancel into super if you chose to do so. The opponent will recover in the air almost immediately, however, so if you want to follow up with something, you'll need to chain into it. Only the first hit connects if the opponent is crouching.
Very long range low sword swing. Karulau winds up and leans out with her sword, giving this attack deceptively long reach.
Effectively a standing 2C. The range is just as good and the damage as sufficient. Serves as a solid combo ender in situations where 5C is unable to reach.
Basic jumping kick that is angled downward. The hitbox for this move is actually very small and has few active frames so it is relatively hard to hit grounded opponents with it (although it can cross up). It is special cancelable, however, so you can chain into j.623 on hit or block, although it won't naturally combo under normal circumstances- only on counter hit.
A surprisingly good air-to-ground move. An under hand swing that can cross up very easily and allow you to continue comboing the opponent once you land. If you hit a jumping or otherwise airborne opponent with jB, they will recover almost immediately and cannot be hit further until they land.
Overhead sword chop. Bonks the opponent on the head and slams them back into the ground for a hard knockdown if they are caught jumping.
| 4 or 6+C
Karulau grabs the opponent by the collar and slams them back on the ground where they belong. Can't normally follow up with anything unless you're in Emotion High.
| Air Throw - 6+C [In air, when close to your opponent]
| Gouga 「轟牙」 [An attack button during a dash]
| Retsuha 「裂破」 - 236+[Attack]
| Gekisai 「激砕」 - 623+[Attack]
| My Hand Slipped 「手が滑りましたわ」 - 214+[Attack]
| Homura Reppa 「焔裂破」 - 2141236+AB [In air]
| Gouhajin 「剛覇刃」 - 214214+AB
- Level 1 (Normal Hit) - The basic version is what you get if you perform this super raw. It does a meek 2000 damage and blows the opponent back for a hard knockdown / wallbounce (but at least it has guard point, right?).
- Level 2 (Clean Hit) - The second version only shows up by landing a "Clean Hit" on your opponent by catching them at a particular point in the air, most reliably from a 214B juggle. This version does 5000 damage (before scaling). Aside from the obvious damage boost, this version is clearly identified by the large slash of light across the screen as well and a "Clean Hit" indicator popping in on the side. The timing to land the Clean Hit is more relaxed during Emotion High state but, if you're emotions are high, you can do even better-
- Level 3 (Critical Hit) - The third and final version will only occur during Emotion High state. The requirements are similar to above- you hit the opponent from a juggle state at a particular point in their fall. If it lands properly, you will see a "Critical Hit" indicator pop up as well as an even larger slash of light. You will also see 8000 damage before proration adjustment. If you find yourself in both Low Health and Emotion High state, you get a total 35% damage boost. That's 10,800 effective base damage from a 1-bar super.
| Resshin Bakuenka 「裂震爆焔渦」 - 632146+BC
|Default A||Default B||Default C||Default D|
Crawl on the earth-serpent
Dance of the Butterfly
Vermillion Bird of Blazing Heat
Horns of the Qilin
Imperial Dragon in Flight
Rabbit of a snowy field
White fanged tiger
Lion of grassland
Crows of the Night