Akatsuki Blitzkampf/Marilyn Sue
She is an assassin for the continent's largest international mafia "Black Hand" and a master of the assassination technique, with its base in, presumably, Breaking Fist. By plundering the Blitz Engine from Akatsuki, she aims to rise in influence and power. (from character selection screen)
- Armor Ratio = 1.025
5A: Bitch slap. Randomly stuffs button pushers.
5B: Two hit mid hand stabs. Cancelable into any special. Decent range, however beware of it pushing someone too far out in a string so the second hit gets parried.
5C: Three hit Tai Chi. Overhead. Jam from GG has it. This normal alone scares many people into blocking high. Chains into 2B.
2A: Jab that looks like it hits low but doesn't (Like all the 2As in this game). Fast, required link off crossup j.B to actually keep comboing, required link off 236B 4B for corner combo, chainable into 2B.
2B: Two upward hand stabs. Chains into 5B. Decent anti-air if you use it when they are coming down.
2C: Decent-ranged sweep. One of Marilyn's two lows. Can be linked into 8C or into 236A > A > A near corner.
j.A: Jumping punch. Not much range, OK priority to catch people jumping out on wakeup. If blocked go directly into j.B as it is airtight.
j.B: Jumping double kick. As air to air not that great but it's all you've got. As ground to air works as a very good cross up. Two hits also makes for some anti-parry shenanigans, as the hit box is weird and sometimes the second hit will whiff completely when the first one landed on block. You can go into j.2C off this for more mixup if the move connects.
j.C: Jumping downward arm swipe. Crap range, is an overhead. Terrible air to air.
高端脚 - Koutankyaku - 4B: And upwards kick, her best ground anti-air.
側端脚 - Sokutankyaku - 6B: A forwards thrust kick, useful in juggle combos.
俯衝後掃腿 - Fushou Kousoutai - j.2C: Marylin drops straight down out of the air and does her 2C.
- Hits low.
- Pretty good trick, and like 2C, can be linked into 8C or 236A > A > A in the corner. Doing this after a blocked j.B is a good tactic.
Fushou Kousoutai Feint - j.2[C]: Marilyn drops straight down out of the air but does not do her 2C on land.
一掌 - Isshou - 236+A/B/C: The first hit of her "one, two, three" series.
- A has lowest damage, startup, and recovery while C has the highest damage and startup.
- In fact 236C > C > C will not combo at all.
- A note on 236A >A > A, using this naked randomly is a gimmick, but a very good one, as it is fast. You will catch people with this shit, guaranteed. It's definitely a risk/reward thing, but you should be able to learn after a while to hit confirm whether you connected the first hit or not so you know whether to stop the series short.
二掌 - Nishou - (after Isshou) A/B/C: Second hit of the series.
- In her BnBs, depending on distance, you will need to change which version you use.
三掌 - Sanshou - (after Nishou) A/B/C: Final hit of the series.
- 236C does not combo off anything, is noticeably slower, and also deals 3 hits.
- May be used for guard crush string mixup purposes after blocked 236A > A and fake outs, as it is safe on block, and if they decide to push buttons after the first 2 hits in the series they'll get punished for it.
掛掌 - Keshou - (after Isshou) 4+A/B/C: Launcher.
- You will only do this move in combos near or in the corner.
架推掌 - Kasuishou - 214+A/B/C: Marilyn gains super armor temporarily and palm rushes forward (looks like Sanshou but with her glowing blue.).
- Dies to all sweeps.
- 214A is fast but the super armor lasts very short, while 214C is slow but will plow through everything that is not a sweep.
- This can be used as anti-air, except against certain moves (like Kanae's splash).
- Wallslams, follow it up with a 214A if you are in range.
- It should be noted that you should not overuse this move to go through projectiles against certain characters, as their sweeps are stupid good.
Kasuishou Feint - 214+[A]/[B]/[C]: Cutting short the charge forward.
- The very obvious 214[C] throw is a good gimmick.
挑打下欄 - Chouda Karan - 8+A/B/C: Marilyn's arm swing anti air.
- A is fast, however you only need to parry one hit to knock her down out of it. It hits behind her though.
- C actually moves Marilyn forward a great deal before anti airing and hits quite a few more times, you can catch so many jumpers at a distance this way.
- Also, if they are in that range of being right in front of Marilyn while jumping, the uppercut will actually cross them up from under them as she moves behind them but hits in back of her, so empty jump blocks to bait uppercuts fail.
- Unfortunately, C dies to sweeps.
EX and Super Moves
特攻一二三掌 - EX Iiaru Sanshou - 236+B+C: Autocombo super.
- You're not really going to be using this because of what Marilyn's BnBs have been streamlined to damage wise.
特攻架推掌 - EX Kasuishou - 214+B+C: Your preferred BnB super ender.
特攻挑打下欄 - EX Chouda Karan - 8+B+C: Wake up ex flying taco.
- Goes straight up.
絶招空中百衝拳 - Zesshou Kuuchuu Hyakushouken - A+B+C: Her level 3. A standing uppercut.
- Has zero priority although almost zero startup.
- Do not put this at the end of a blockstring and think it will work. It will get beat out by almost anything.
- Comboes from any landed string, does massive damage.
Marilyn Tutorial video. Current for 22.214.171.124 SP1, lots of tips and tricks.
Starting in the corner to around half screen: 5c 2b 5b 236BBB 236CBB
The 236C is required to move you further along to catch them with the last two Bs in the OTG string.
Half screen to 75%-80% of the way toward the corner: 5c 2b 5b 236BBB 236BBB
75%-80% of the way toward the corner to corner: 5c 2b 5b 236B 4B 2a 6b 2a 2b 5b 214a
Jump in combo: Cross up jB (or not) 2a(REQUIRED LINK)2b 5b etc.
Her ex combos just involve throwing 214BC at the end of any of the aforementioned combos above.
Marilyn can literally drag a player fullscreen across the stage starting from inside her own corner.
If you have them in the corner at the end of any of her bnbs, you can throw on ABC at the end for stupid damage.
j2c/2c 8c: a rather situational link of her sweep that I still have trouble doing in match.
Has its own uses though, you can cancel into ABC off the first few hits of the flying taco (told you it combos off ANYTHING.)
j2c/2c 236aaa: corner only, same deal as above, the link timing takes a bit to get used to, and yes of course, you can throw in ABC after the 236aaa (or in the middle)
KD - Knockdown
VB - Variable
*UV - vaule(s) marked with "?" in the table is/are unverified
x~yF - a period from frame "x" till frame "y"
| Frames | Frame Advantage | Attack | Total | Startup | On Hit | On Block | Notes Throws and Reflectors --------------------------------------- 4/5/6+A+B | 22 | 5 | KD | -- | j.4/5/6+A+B | 21 | 3 | KD | -- | 5+B+C | 17 | 7 | KD | +3 | c.B+C | 17 | 7 | KD | +3 | j.B+C | 18 | 7 | KD | +2 | A+C | 128 | -- | -- | -- | cancellable after 32F Normals --------------------------------------- 5A | 14 | 4 | +1 | +1 | 5B | 28 | 7 | +0 | -2 | 5C | 55 | 22 | -2 | -6 | c.A | 14 | 4 | +1 | +1 | c.B | 34 | 7 | -6 | -8 | c.C | 30 | 11 | KD | -4 | j.A | 19 | 4 | -4 | -4 | j.B | 23 | 5 | VB | VB | j.C | 30 | 9 | VB | VB | 5A > 5A | 14 | 4 | +1 | +1 | c.A > c.A | 14 | 4 | +1 | +1 | Command Normals --------------------------------------- 4B | 24? | 7 | -2? | -8? | *UV 6B | 24? | 7 | -2? | -8? | *UV j.2C | VB | 10* | KD | -4 | landing recovery 29F, *starts on 10th F upon landing j.2[C] | VB | -- | -- | -- | landing recover 12F? *UV Specials --------------------------------------- 236+A | 33 | 9 | -5 | -9 | 236+B | 37 | 13 | -5 | -9 | 236+C | 41 | 17 | -5 | -9 | 236 > A | 39 | 11 | -9 | -13 | 236 > B | 41 | 13 | -9 | -13 | 236 > C | 43 | 15 | -9 | -13 | 236 > ... > A | 45 | 11 | KD | -19 | 236 > ... > B | 47 | 13 | KD | -19 | 236 > ... > C | 47? | 23 | KD | -5? | *UV 236 > 4+A/B/C | 39 | 13 | KD | -13 | 214+A | 48 | 13 | KD | -20 | 1~8F superarmor 214+B | 52 | 17 | KD | -20 | 1~12F superarmor 214+C | 56 | 21 | KD | -20 | 1~16F superarmor 214+[A] | 26? | -- | -- | -- | 1~8F superarmor, *UV 214+[B] | 28? | -- | -- | -- | 1~12F superarmor, *UV 214+[C] | 30? | -- | -- | -- | 1~16F superarmor, *UV 8+A | 43 | 5 | KD | -23* | 1~4F invincible, *if 1 hit was blocked 8+B | 62 | 6 | KD | -36* | 1~5F invincible, *if 2 hits were blocked 8+C | 61 | 7 | KD | -35* | no invincibility?, *UV, *if 2 hits were blocked EX and Level 3 --------------------------------------- 236+B+C | 35 | 7 | KD | -4 / -21 | 1~2F invincible, (-4) if first hits were blocked, (-21) if autocombo was blocked 214+B+C | 63 | 15 | KD | -25 | 1~2F invincible, 1~14F superarmor, see *1 8+B+C | 79 | 3 | KD | -57* | 1~6F invincible, *if 3 hits were blocked A+B+C | 28 | 7 | KD | -6 | supeflash 40F, 1~4F invincible *1 By holding the attack buttons, you can delay the startup up to 44F (making the whole move 93F), however in this case there will be no superarmor.