An electrical tank, assumed to have a Blitz Engine as its source of power. According to a copy of the document on a new engine research, labeled "Gessellschaft", a test piece was developed, however, it was revocated along with the plan itself before the full-scale production could take place. (from character selection screen)
The character you show players who don't care much about the mechanics, but think Blitztank is cool. Somehow not the worst character in the game.
- Armor Ratio = 0.925
- Forward Speed = 5.0 dots/frame
- Backwards Speed = 4.0 dots/frame
5/6A+B: Throws the opponent away a full screen. You won't be able to get out a mine before they wakeup, but they won't be able to jump out of it if you time it properly. Will put them in the corner if you're close enough, but will also put Blitztank closer.
4/6+A+B: Throws the opponent a full screen away behind Blitztank instead. Pretty much just regular throw but backwards.
j.4/5/6+A+B: Throws the opponent towards the corner that Blitztank is facing. Pushes tank back about 1/3rd the screen afterwards. Timing for mine followup is even worse than regular throw.
Keep in mind that Blitztank's throw range is comparable to everybody else's, meaning that you're not going to land a grab unless the opponent is sitting about halfway between your front treads. How Blitztank grabs anything without opening its jaw is beyond the scope of this wiki.
66: Blitztank's dash does damage and knocks down. Essentially a moving sweep. Unsafe.
5A: A quick gunshot. Essentially a projectile jab, so it doesn't trigger Reflector autocounter.
5B: A 3-hit flamethrower shot, similar in function to jab. Reaches about half-screen.
5C: Tank charges and does a skullbutt while traveling forward. Overhead, Knocks down.
2A: Single poke at the shins that self-cancels. Decent option for mashing in pressure, but too slow for getting out of it. Not a low.
2B: Two-hit low attack that cancels into specials/supers from either hit. Your general, go to combo starter for Blitztank's near nonexistent combo game.
2C: Sweep with a long windup. Unsafe as hell but doesn't push Blitztank far forward like his forward dash.
j.A: A multi-hit gunshot. Decent air-to-air. Puts the oppponent in an unrecoverable state, meaning you can combo afterwards. Knocks down otherwise. Projectile; doesn't trigger Reflector's autocounter. Not an overhead.
j.B: A skullbutt similar to 5B, also knocks down grounded opponents. Doesn't activate until Blitztank is near the ground, regardless of when you pressed the button.
j.C: Tank freezes in midair and then falls straight down, delivering damage. One can freeze him just a few inches above the ground. Knocks down. Nice delayed overhead option for reflector happy opponents, but it's fodder for AAs and airthrows.
j.6C: A heavy (though not very distant) gunshot, aimed diagonally down and forward. Knocks down. Recoil also pushes Blitztank back.
エレクトロアウゲ - Elektro Auge - 236+A/B/C: Skull shoots a purple laser.
- A version is aimed at his wheels, B - diagonally at the opposite side of the screen, C - straight forward.
- Standard combo filler out of 2B. You want to use A/B versions for combos, even though they don't knock down.
- C version is purely an Anti-Air/Jump (unless you're somehow in Tank mirrors and the other guy is standing), but it knocks down.
Ｂマイン - B-Mine - 214+A/B/C: Tank crouches and shoots an electric charge from his back, that explodes in midair.
- Each version has more range. Pretty much your best oki tool, forcing the opponent to wakeup block/reflector.
- Opponent being hit by explosion freezes in place, paralyzed. Allows for followups.
- Cannot use another Blitz Mine while the opponent is paralyzed, unless you use the EX version.
エントラードゥン - Entladung - 22+A/B/C: Tank crouches and discharges a knockdown electric attack.
- Each version does more hits and damage.
- Can damage the opponent above the tank, but in this case it's only a single hit.
- Horizontal range is limited by the Tank itself.
EX and Super Moves
特攻エレクトロアウゲ - EX Elektro Auge - 236+B+C: Does all three Auge versions in quick succession. Knocks down, staple metered combo ender for ranged combos.
特攻Ｂマイン - EX B-Mine - 214+B+C: Shoots 4 charges, that instantly cover most of the screen. Pretty useless outside of extensive combos.
特攻エントラードゥン - EX Entladung - 22+B+C: More hits and damage, range remains the same. You'd think this would be a reversal but according to the frame data it's not.
ギャラルホルン - Gjallarhorn - A+B+C Tank opens up and shoots a huge horizontal laser beam close to the ground, though it can reach jumping opponents as well. Your biggest damage option, like most Level 3s.
- Despite its appearance, beam's vertical range is constant in any of its parts.
Despite expecting a ridiculous character, Blitztank is actually a pretty by-the-book keepaway fortress. You want to harrass opponents from far away with lasers and Tank's ranged normals, on top of using Blitz Mines for oki after every knockdown, if possible. Save your meter for knockdowns, especially if you get to level 3 and want to combo into it.
Tank actually has heavy armor similar to super armor when doing anything, but unlike super armor, it does not reduce the damage he takes. It also only absorbs one hit per string, meaning that if the opponent chains into another move, from the hit that gets absorbed, tank will take the full damage from that move and get put in hitstun this time. It can be good for getting grabs, but don't be stupid with it.
Close knockdown combos
- 2B(2) > 22C
- ~1600 damage. Meterless, close range combo. Will not work from max range 2B (for that, use 1 hit). Make sure the 22C doesn't whiff or you're gonna eat it.
- 2B(2) > 236A/B < 22B+C
- ~2800 damage. Also costs one bar, close knockdown, more damage.
- 2B(2) > 236A/B
- ~1500 damage. Standard Blitztank combo. Hits full screen
- 2B(2) > 236A/B > 236B+C
- ~2400 damage. Standard metered Blitztank combo. Costs one bar, knocks down from full screen
- 2B(2) > 236A/B > A+B+C
- ~5300 damage. Standard Level3 combo. Fullscreen lazor.
Blitz Mine Combos
- 214A/B/C > 66 / 2C / 5C / Throw / Airthrow / 236A/B/C > A+B+C
- For when people get hit by Blitz Mines like idiots.
- ~1500 (Dash). For when they're too far away for anything else.
- ~1900 (2C)
- ~2200 (5C)
- ~2400 (Throws)
- ~5500 (A+B+C)
- [214A/B/C > 214B+C] x N > 214A/B/C > 5C/Throw/Airthrow or [[2B(2)] > 236A/B/C > 236B+C]
- Most damaging option out of landing a mine minus A+B+C. Not recommended to do more than once because the scaling doesn't make the meter worth it unless it'll kill. Don't do this deep in the corner, you won't get all the hits from 214B+C and it'll needless waste meter.
- 5C ender: ~3100 for one rep, ~4000 for two reps, ~4700 for three reps.
- Throw ender: ~3200 for one rep, ~4100 for two reps, ~5000 for three reps.
- 2B > 236A/B/C > 236B+C ender: ~4100 for one rep, ~5000 for two reps.
- (Midscreen, standing opponent) j.A [land] (2A/2B) > (236A/B/C or 22C) > (236B+C / 22B+C / A+B+C)
- Jump in combos. Won't happen too often because j.A's not an overhead, but if the opponent's asleep then do it.
- (Midscreen, airborne opponent) j.A [land] (2A/2B) > 236A/B > (236B+C)
- Knocks down further away from Blitztank, allowing for better ranged oki setups.
- (Corner, standing opponent) j.A [land] (2A/2B) > 236A > (236B+C)
- Linking from the j.A can be difficult due to the landing recovery on all of Tank's air normals.
- (Corner, airborne opponent) j.A [land] 236A > (236B+C / A+B+C)
- Knocks down, does decent damage for meter, but the hits from j.A can vary and may scale the A+B+C too hard. Most of these j.A combos are situational gimmicks.
KD - Knockdown
VA - Variable
*UV - value(s) marked with "?" in the table is/are unverified
x~yF - a period from frame "x" till frame "y"
| Frames | Frame Advantage | Attack | Total | Startup | On Hit | On Block | Notes Throws and Reflectors --------------------------------------- 4/5/6+A+B | 21 | 5 | KD | -- | j.4/5/6+A+B | 19 | 3 | KD | -- | 5+B+C | 17 | 7 | KD | +3 | c.B+C | 17 | 7 | KD | +3 | j.B+C | VA | 6 | KD | VA | landing recovery's the same as after jumping Normals --------------------------------------- 5A | 28 | 5 | -3 | -3 | 5B | 40 | 12 | +0 | -2 | 5C | 44 | 25 | KD | -4 | c.A | 15 | 4 | +0 | +0 | c.B | 34 | 11 | -4 | -6 | c.C | 49 | 20 | KD | -14 | j.A | 33 | 6 | VA | VA | landing recovery 10F j.B | VA | 6* | VA | -3 | landing recovery 22F, *on 6th frame upon landing j.C | VA | 28 | VA | VA | landing recovery 20F Command Normals --------------------------------------- 66 | 37 | 9 | KD | -13 | j.6C | VA | 13 | KD | VA | landing recovery 10F Specials --------------------------------------- 236+A | 40 | 10 | +0 | -13 | 236+B | 46 | 15 | -1 | -14 | 236+C | 46 | 16 | KD | -13* | *if airborne opponent guarded the attack 214+A | 48 | 51 | +73 | +29 | 214+B | 48 | 51 | +73 | +29 | 214+C | 48 | 51 | +73 | +29 | 22+A | 44 | 7 | KD | -7 | 22+B | 54 | 9 | KD | -13 | 22+C | 64 | 11 | KD | -19 | EX and Level 3 --------------------------------------- 236+B+C | 66 | 9 | KD | -23 | 214+B+C | 60 | 51 | +73* | +29* | *if opponent was hit by/guarded all 4 projectiles 22+B+C | 56 | 7 | KD | +5 | A+B+C | 97 | 2 | KD | -9 | superflash 90F