Acceleration of Suguri X/Suguri-SP
A melee-oriented version of Suguri with completely different weapons. Only available in X-Edition. For information on how to unlock her, see the FAQ.
- Press A [Beam]
- Damage: 50
- A wide fast moving slash flies out for a short distance. This can be dash canceled the moment the slash appears.
- Hold [A] [Beam/Ballistic]
- Damage: 50 + 70
- The first slash is the same as Sword Wave and is a beam. The second slash appears the same as Arc Saber but it is ballistic, making it impossible to dash through. This move can be dash canceled almost immediately after the second slash appears.
- Press Dash + A [Beam]
- Damage: 160
- Fires a wider slash, the slash is about as wide as Dual Wave's second slash. However, it is beam based so it can be dashed through. This move can be dash canceled almost immediately after the slash appears.
- Press B [Beam]
- Damage: 20 x n (n maxes out at 5 in a semi-close range)
- Creates a slow moving spark that travels a short distance and hangs for a moment before dissipating. It can be dashed through because it's beam based. This move can be dash canceled the moment the spark leaves the knives.
Charged Shock [Ballistic]
- Hold [B]
- Damage: 20 x n (n maxes out at 12 in a semi-close range farther then spark)
- A larger spark that travels further more quickly, and hangs around longer. This spark combines Beam and Ballistic so it can not be dashed through. When the combo count reaches 12 hits the opponent will be knocked back, even if the number is increased by other sparks (preventing spark loops). While charging for this shot you can move Suguri-SP around the stage by strafing. This move can be dash canceled the moment the spark leaves the knives.
- Press sA
- Damage: 120 + 80 + 180
- Suguri slashes at the opponent. keep pressing for more attacks. The third one knocks back your opponent out of special range. It's slightly shorter range then the original beam sword. There is just enough time after the third hit to connect WA without having to dash cancel. With quick timing the two attacks can be looped.
- Combo: held WA (2 hit or second hit) + Dash cancel + Spec1 x 3 + held WA
- Combo: held WA (2 hit or second hit) + Dash cancel + Spec1 x 3 + HyperA + Dash cancel + held WA + Dash cancel + Spec1 x 3 + held WA
- Press sB
- Damage: none
- There is about a quarter second delay before Suguri starts spinning her knives in front of her for about a second. During that time if any attack comes from that direction she will automatically shield and rush toward the enemy, the shield costs no meter and negates all damage for the duration of the shield (including the hit that activated the shield). This move can be dash canceled mid-way during the propeller stance, so if you mistime the move you can safely dash away to cancel the recovery.
Hyper A1: Sword Wave Rush
- Execution: Hyper
- Damage: 70 + 90 + 70 + 90 + 120
- Fires five slashes in rapid succession that travel across the screen. This move can be dash canceled before the last slash is fired, but only four shots will be fired if this move is dash canceled before the last slash appears.
Hyper B: 360 Shock
- Execution: B + Hyper
- Damage: 20×n
- Sends Shocks in all directions out from SP, creating a ring of sparks, some of which are beam and some of which are ballistic.
Hyper C: Blade Blitz
- Execution: sHyper
- Damage: 80×n + 120 (Max of x5)
- Similar to Sora's melee hyper. SP will rush toward the enemy and perform a very rapid barrage of melee cuts.
Accel Hyper: Hyper SP Giri
- Execution: A + B + Hyper or sB + Hyper
- Damage: 1199
- Creates a giant beam knife that you cleave someone with. The sword appears behind SP at first and swings in a semi-circle toward the enemy.
Watch your range closely, build meter with whiffed sword hits.
Pressuring is SP's main game. Being the most agile character in the game means that you can weave in and out of range while laying down swordwaves really quickly. In addition to this, her Counter is especially potent in close quarters, as .3 of a second to fly in and start beating someone down is a lot more powerful than it seems. While I don't use the Shocks too much, they linger a bit which can make problems for some other characters and are fairly good. Her Hyper A has a little more shield than the duration of the attack, so usually this is your best time to rush in and try to melee people.
The Counter move is particularly useful for avoiding some 'difficult-to-avoid' attacks without spending meter for a shield, such as Saki and Nanako's hyper attacks.