Acceleration of Suguri X/Suguri
Suguri is the protagonist of the series.So,she has a "protagonist" playing style.Because of this,she has got a pretty balanced gameplay.She can cancel some of her attacks very quickly&easily.
- Press A [Beam]
- Damage: 120x1
- A simple beam rifle shot. Can be dash canceled and fired very rapidly to build meter.
- Hold [A] [Beam]
- Damage: 140+30x
- Takes about a second to charge, indicated by sparks coming off of Suguri's rifle. Does 140 damage on the first hit and 30 for every subsequent hit, which drags your opponent back. On average, it does about 200 damage over three hits although it can sometimes do 230 over four. When used against an opponent at the edge of the ring, it will generally only land one or two hits.
- Dash + A [Beam]
- Damage: 60x3
- Does three rapid shots aimed at the current location of your opponent. A little easy to dodge, but good for putting fire in the air or punishing someone doing attacks with a long startup.
- Press B [Ballistic]
- Damage: 60x4
- Four homing missiles that have an arc to them, so they're ineffective in close and even mid-range. They're a little slow on launch, so they're fairly good for doing a rushdown with.
- Hold [B] [Ballistic]
- Damage: 80x7
- Seven missiles that fire in an erratic zig-zag pattern. Since they're a little unpredictable, they make for a good way to slow down opponents who dash a lot.
- Short Range sA [Melee]
- Damage: 120+40+120
- A three hit combo melee attack. The third hit of this combo will knock back your opponent and leave you stunned for a moment though, so it's usually best to cancel this into Suguri's Hyper Sword Slash as the Hyper Sword will oftentimes not reach your opponent. The third cut can be exchanged with a WA beam shot which can then be chained with her beam sword thrust attack.
- Combo: sA (120) + sA (40) + A (200) + B (85) + HyperB (500)
- Combo: sA (120) + sA (40) + A (200) + HyperA (330) + Dash cancel + sA (120) + sA (40) + A (200) + B (85)
- Long Range sA [Beam]
- Damage: 120x1
- A mid-ranged sword wave that is fairly good for blocking incoming missiles.
Beam Sword [Thrust]
- Press sB [Melee]
- Damage: 85+65x
- A thrust attack with high damage, but a little startup. Will hit a maximum of six times for 410 damage. Don't do this from too far off or you'll get punished for it.
Hyper A: Hyper Beam Rifle
- Execution: Hyper Button
- Damage: 40x11
- A linear attack that comes out a little slow. It's usually best to use this on someone who just received a hit from some missiles. This attack can cancel into itself once, however if you use it too quickly it will cut the damage from the previous Rifle down a little. Alternately, this Hyper can be dash canceled mid-way through the attack and it will continue to fire even while Suguri is dashing. This can allow you to chain multiple melee and super hits together, such as: Short Range Sword x2 > Hyper Beam Rifle > Dash cancel > Short Range Sword x2 > Hyper Beam Rifle > Dash cancel > Short Range Sword x3
- Important to note that if you do this move raw, it can be canceled much earlier than if you Hyper Canceled it from another move.
Hyper B: Hyper Sword
- Execution: sHyper
- Damage: 500x1
- A single sword strike that comes out fast, but has limited range. Best used in a melee combo.
- Ends quickly, allowing easy pursuit and more sword moves to catch your enemy.
Hyper C: Sword Slash
- Execution: B + Hyper
- Damage: 85x4
- A quick hyper that covers a fairly wide area in front of Suguri. Good for catching an opponent who is likely going to be moving out of your way quickly. Does more hits up close.
Accel Hyper: Accel Burst
- Execution: A + B + Hyper or sB + Hyper
- Damage: 60x11, Variable
- A wide version of Hyper Rifle. The main beam will hit for 60 damage eleven times, however if you get up close the side beams will hit as well for anywhere from 960~1300 damage over 20~40 hits. A well-aimed shot can rack up to 1700 damage.
Suguri has a selection of lasers, missiles, and melee attacks to choose from in any given situation. Both of her missile attacks recovery very quickly even without the need to dash cancel them, so keeping her heat down while firing them should be easy. Beware that they are easily destroyed, so you'll have to coax your opponent into thinking that clearing your missiles may not be the best idea. A couple kickstarter ideas would be to raw Shield, dash up and let loose a melee combo.
If your opponent is fond of their laser attacks, you can both Charge them and attack your opponent with sB.
Go for the punish with a raw Hyper A1. You can dash cancel that much earlier than if you did it out of, say, a missile barrage. You can then dash and follow up with a melee attack or even a missile barrage to net a damaging combo.