- Full Name: Friede (フリーデ)
- Age: 574
- Nick Name: Demon Lord Fang
- Height: 135cm
- Weight: 32kg
- 3 sizes: B65 W54 H69
- Likes: Afternoon tea time
- Dislikes: Sunlight, ill-mannered people
- Values: Mantle
- Weapon: Familiar
By using her Original Ability, Friede is able to recall all her currently summoned eyes, creating a small hitbox around them as they disappear.
If, instead of simply O, you input 22O, she will consume 50% meter and, as the eyes are recalled, hitboxes around them will be bigger. You will also gain 1 Darkness Volt charge, a fast projectile that requires charges to use it.
Friede's dashes and jumps are replaced with fixed-distance teleports.
Information on this page refers to version 0.938 of the game.
Character Specific Data
Total Life - 666
236P (Air OK)
236K (Air OK)
6S (Air OK)
214P/K/S/HS (Air OK)
Friede's combos heavily rely on previously set eyes, sometimes Darkness Volt charges or meter. Even when you do have these resources, the combos you can perform are dictated by your and the opponent's positions in relation to each other, on top of distance from corners, so you'll need quick thinking to figure out what you can do when you land a hit. Different characters might have character-specific combos, or need adjustments to timing. Some combos sacrifice eyes, so consider if you want to do that or if you'd rather keep the eyes out.
Each individual combo listed in this section will describe any requirements.
Combo damage is described as damage dealt when the opponent is at maximum health. To give you an idea of how much damage each combo does in percentage, know that Ryuza has 800 health. Note that damage may vary depending on how close opponents are to eyes, since lasers deal slightly more damage up close, or depending on how much you were able to prolong poison status.
- No requirements: 5P > 5S > 5HS > 236P (113 damage)
- Very basic combo, does little damage. Sadly, it's your best combo when you don't have eyes, Darkness Volt charges or meter. You can replace the initial 5P with 2P if you need the extra speed, but its bad proration will make this combo even weaker. 5K and 2K should not be added to this combo for the same reason.
- Air: j.S > j.HS > 9dj.S > j.HS > j.2HS > j.236P (163 damage)
- Your main air combo: get used to doing this, as it is effective off of stray air-to-air hits, and is very common in combos. Whenever a combo launches the opponent, you can usually go into this.
- Mid-screen, 1 Darkness Volt charge: 5P > 5S > 5HS > 236P > 236K > 236P (208 damage)
- Simple mid-screen combo with Darkness Volt. If you have more charges, you can use 236K consecutively up to 3 times. Also, if you have meter to spend and need the extra damage, you can replace the final 236P with 236236HS.
- Mid-screen, 1 Darkness Volt charge: 5P > 5S > 5HS > 236K > 66 > 5S > 5HS > 6S > 66 > 4S > 9j.S > j.HS > 9dj.S > j.HS > j.2HS > j.236P (237 damage)
- Slightly more damaging combo with Darkness Volt. 66 must be done immediately. The delay afterwards is rather short and needed so that the opponent falls a little bit lower for both 5S and 5HS to connect on all characters.
- Eye facing towards Friede, opponent in-between: 5P > 5S > 5HS > 214X > 5HS > 214X > 4S > 9j.S > j.HS > 9dj.S > j.HS > j.2HS > j.236P (275 damage)
- Replace X with the button of the eye you're using (likely P or HS). A side-switch will happen before 4S.
- Eye facing any direction, opponent in-between, all close to each other (sacrifice): 5P > 5S > 2HS > 623S > O > 9j.S > delay > j.HS > land > 9j.P > j.S > j.HS > 9dj.S > j.HS > j.2HS > j.236P (342 damage)
- Poison combo, deals good damage. The delay has to be stretched very long, so it can be difficult to perform: if you can't do it consistently, consider just going for the usual air combo, instead of the re-jump. Sacrifices all eyes.
- Eye facing towards Friede, opponent in-between, all close to each other (sacrifice): 5P > 5S > 5HS > 214X > 5HS > 623S > O > 4S > 9j.S > j.HS > 9dj.S > j.HS > j.2HS > j.236P (352 damage)
- Replace X with the button of the eye you're using (likely P or HS). Another poison combo, deals slightly better damage than the previous one and is also easier to perform. Sacrifices all eyes.
- Eye facing towards Friede, opponent in-between, more than half-screen distance between Friede and the eye, less than full-screen between Friede and opponent: 5P > 5S > 5HS > 214X > delay > 5HS > 236P > delay > 214X > delay > 5HS > 6S > 6HS > 214X > 4S > 9j.S > j.HS > 9dj.S > j.HS > j.2HS > j.236P (337 damage)
- Replace X with the button of the eye you're using (likely P or HS). A lot of requirements, but this combo does good damage and you will find yourself in this situation fairly often while zoning. A side-switch may happen before 4S, but the combo can still be performed.
- Delays can be more strict depending on your opponent's character: in general, you should try to hit the opponent when they're as close to the ground as possible, before they're able to tech, but some characters, like Orphe, require the delay to be a little shorter instead. If you mess delays up and the opponent, caught by 6S, is too high for 6HS to connect, you can just omit this move and go for the air combo.
- Remember that if your opponent is too far away for the first 3 normals to connect, you can start the combo from the first 214X and it will still deal a good 315 damage.
- Eye facing any direction, close to the opponent (sacrifice): 41236HS > O >  > 5P > 4S > 9j.S > j.HS > 9dj.S > j.HS > j.2HS > j.236P (236 damage)
- Command grab starter combo that sacrifices all eyes. The amount of distance walked with  varies depending on your opponent's character, and some characters like Pale or Orphe will require you to walk forward as much as possible.
- No requirements: 5P > 5S > 5HS > 236236HS (383 damage)
- Simple and damaging combo that costs 100% meter due to the super at the end. You might have noticed that, from mid-screen, you can fit a 236P after 5HS and link into the super. Don't do this: you will actually deal less damage due to proration.
- (vs. Ryuza, Duna, Corona, Alicephia, Sabe, Neva, Lynia, Fuga), no S eye summoned: 6HS > 214S4 > 5P > 5HS > 214S > 2S > 4S > 9j.S > j.HS > 9dj.S > j.HS > j.2HS > j.236P (237 damage)
- Overhead starter combo with good damage. Tested against all characters. Note that a side-switch will happen between 2S and 4S. If you cannot summon your S eye for this combo, you can replace it with HS, as long as you're not too close to the corner (doing 214HS too close to the corner will NOT summon an off-screen eye: the animation will play, but no eye will be summoned).