Under Night In-Birth/UNIST/Eltnum
She slaughters. The path she carved for herself, and those who follow in it. The potential
hidden within the have-nots, she has come to witness for herself. The threads of fate play a
trick, and the actress must once more perform. The perfect distraction from certain boredom.
Until the curtains rise on her stage once more.
A mysterious girl who is said to have saved a city from a dark vampire, once upon a time...At least, in appearance. Aside from the fact that she calls herself "Eltnum", no one knows anything about this character. She suddenly appeared in the dark night, and then returned to darkness equally as fast, earning her the title of "Drifter”. The night of a city, which she claims to be her territory. It has become her mission to educate the young rookies in the strict ways of her industry.
"My goodness... Amateurs like you have no idea what I've seen in my years..."
Character Trait: Eltnum has two unique traits. The first is that she is one of two characters in the game to have an air throw. The second is her Bullet gauge.
If you look under Eltnums health you'll see a unique meter that displays twelve bullets and a horizontal meter underneath that with a white section. She can have up to 12 bullets at a time, that are consumed by 236x and 22A/B. Once you are out of bullets you need to manually reload with 22C before you can shoot any more, this is where that second bar with the white zone comes into play, after you initiate the reload you must hit a button to confirm the reload. If you confirm while it's in the white area you will be rewarded with a special reload (indicated by shiny/pulsing bullets) instead of regular ones.
Vorpal Trait: While in Vorpal, Eltnum can cancel her A normals on whiff. She can also backdash cancel anything that is normally special cancelable
- Approaching on Ground
- Generally while approaching on the ground your going to be trying to land a whip to knock the opponent down or going for dashup 5a or 5b. If you are feeling risky you can try for 2c, dash b, or dash c but all as I mentioned risky. The dash moves are unsafe on block and if the opponent happens to jump when you 2c you will die.
- Approacing from Air
- j.b into j.c is going to be your bread and butter for approaching while you are in the air. j.b is faster for beating out opponents moves in air to air as well as having a crossup hitbox for those on the ground. J.c is great to follow up with to make conversions easier. You can use j.c into j.b if you know your spacing as j.c has an amazing hit box. but it is slower so you have to be careful for that. if the opponent is trying to run under you often good use of j.214a will make them scared of that.
- Stopping Ground Approaches
- Stopping the opponent is not too hard with Eltnum. 236a is very fast and can lead to damage with meter. same with 214a if the opponent relys on projectiles to approach. Even a raw 236c is great for stopping the opponent and making them think more.
- Eltnum doesnt really have great anti airs. If you are ballsy you can try 3c to anti air with but you will most likely die if you whiff. DP is a decent anti air with its huge hitbox and the lack of air options in this game make it easy to predict opponent movement.
L = Low, H = High, UNB = Unblockable, CS = Chain Shift
Startup includes the first active frame.
|Force Function (charged)
|Charged Hollow Point
Infinite Words EXS
|Tri Hermes Blackland
Basic A＞2B＞5B＞5C＞3C＞jc＞JB＞JC＞jc＞JB＞JC＞J.A+D 2A＞2B＞2C(2)＞5[C]＞421B＞5A(whiff)＞DC＞22B＞dash＞2B＞3C＞8jc＞J[C]＞jc＞J[C]＞J.A+D Intermediate 2A>2B>2C(2)>5[C]>421B>6[B]>2A(whiff)>22B>dash C>22B>dash C>22C 2B>2C(2)>J.[C]>J.A (whiff)>5B>5[C]>421B>6[B]>2A(whiff)>22B>dash C>22B>dash C>22C 3C>J.[C]>DJ.[C]>J.214A (whiff)>5B>5[C]>421B>6[B]>2A(whiff)>22B>dash C>22B>dash C>22C
2A*n(up to 3)>2C>JB>JA>JC>66C>22B>66C>22B>66C>22C
- From blockstring when 2A hits more than twice. JB has to be slightly delayed.
- This is your punish combo from max range 5A, and works well in frame traps for example, after 5CC)
- The 6[B] will whiff on hyde, linne, and hilda, instead of 6[B], do JB>JC>66C>etc
- This game for Eltnum is all about landing this combo. High damage, works everywhere, character non-specific.
2B>2C(2)>J[C]>JA (whiff)>5B>5[C]>421B>6[B]>2A(whiff)>3C>J[C]>jc>J[C]>air throw
- Same as above but when you are out of bullets and want to end the round. No time for reload, so use it sparingly.
- Similar to above, but when you start with 2A, this is easier to execute since 5B>5[C] link can get dropped because of hitstun proration.
- Useful combos for when 2C hits (but not when it hits at its tip).
- When 236B hits, use this for carry. Good neutral tool. You can start with 236C too for full screen punish.
- Similar to above, but when you see the wall bounce is not enough for
- Similar to above, but only when you are cornering your opponent close to wall.
- Same as the first one, but with 421B starter. Does over 3.5k even without any buff.
- Quite some damage from a reversal. Works everywhere. delay J[C] as much as possible.
- From assult JC.
- (full BNB off Assault only possible with deep jB land 2C. 6[B] whiffs against Linne / Hyde / Hilda. Omit 6[B] and use jABC > 66C instead)
Air throw starters:
air throw>2C>9jc>J[C]>delayed JA(whiff)>5B>5[C]>421B>6[B]>2C(1)>22B>66C>22C
- From air throw at any height. You can punish assaults if you see it during Chain Shift.
air throw>dash 2B>9jc>J[C]>delayed JA(whiff)>5B>5[C]>421B>6[B]>2A(whiff)>22B>66C>22C
- From air throw at low heights.
Chain Shift Combos:
214A/B>CS>microdash 2C>J[C]>delayed JA(whiff)>5B>5[C]>421B>6[B]>2A(whiff)>22B>66C>22B>66C>22C
- If 2C hits OTG, omit the second 22B>66C.
|Alchemist||Black Barrel||Fleeting Lover||Great Sphynx||Fang and Nail|
|Transylvania Ghost||Wing of Horus||Aswan Falucca||Psycho Garden||Living Dead|
|Dunkelheit||Burn Gem||Nostalgia||Silence Iceberg||Neo Venus|
|Bello Girasole||Summer Vacation||Amore Pesco||Jet Black||Snow Fairy|
|Celadon Narcissus||Nile Over Knee||Girl Scout||Somei Yoshino||Desert Platoon|
|Blanc Neige||Gloom Neon||Peacock Leaf||Vivid Navy Blue||Phantasmal Candle|