Difference between revisions of "Samurai Shodown/Darli Dagger"
|Line 993:||Line 993:|
|Line 1,018:||Line 1,018:|
|Line 1,053:||Line 1,053:|
Revision as of 18:59, 27 June 2019
- 1 Introduction
- 2 Data
- 3 Gameplan
- 4 Normal Moves
- 4.1 Far Slashes
- 4.2 Near Slashes
- 4.3 Kicks
- 4.4 Dash Normals
- 4.5 Air Normals
- 4.6 Unarmed Normals
- 5 Universal Mechanics
- 6 Special Moves
- 7 Supers
- 8 Combos
- 9 Videos
- 10 Colors
- 11 External Links
Darli is a real powerhouse of a character. She feels most at home at the mid- to close-range, although she also has access to some light anti-zoning tools and a somewhat unconventional mobility-option in her Blade Surf special move. Once Darli gets in, she can assert herself with her great normals and above-average grab game. She has access to an easy crossup in j.B which, when coupled with her fast jump, makes Darli’s close range game extra scary. She also has access to some truly monstrous Unblockables which, while slow and honestly kinda gimmicky can end the entire round right there, should they connect.
Darli’s main weakness would be her versatility. While she is very good at playing rushdown, she can’t adapt to most situations as well as other characters can. Her supers (Both WFT and SSM) also suffer from extremely short range which makes it hard for Darli to punish her enemies effectively.
We'll have info to fill in here only after release.
Similar to the Strategy section of the 5sp wiki pages. List Darli's archetype, strengths, weaknesses, etc. Sample subsections could include Neutral, Okizeme, etc.
|Guard Break (Throw)
|Surprise Attack (Overhead)
Counter / Blade Catch
|Counter / Blade Catch
|Lightning Blade (Issen)
5A+B+C during Rage Explosion
214S (hold S to charge)
Weapon Flipping Technique
Super Special Move
List combos, use numpad notation.
- 5A/2A 236A
- A short and quick combo into 236A for knockdown at midscreen.
- n.2B/n.5B 236S
- If you're out of range for 5A or 2A you can try using n.2B instead to pick up and convert the combo. This doesn't work very well at 2B's max range, though. If you happen to be in close with the opponent, n.5B is much preferred.
- 2B 236K
- At ranges where 5A/2A or the above combo tends to whiff, this combo is a good alternative if you're looking for corner carry instead of staying in. If you're up close, you can and probably should use n.5B instead of 2B. That said, in rare cases, n.5B does not push the opponent out far enough to get hit with 236K.
- Throw/Backthrow microwalk 2B 236K
- Though tricky, this gives Darli good corner carry from getting a throw at midscreen.
- Throw 66C
- Max damage option from a forward throw. Gives a knockdown.
- Throw 236A/236B
- Similar to 5A/2A 236A, gives you good positioning.
- Backthrow 5C
- Max damage option from a back throw. If you're having trouble getting 5C, try double or triple tapping C as the backthrow ends.
- j.B/j.C n.5B 236A/236B/236K
- If you hit with a deep jump-in for j.B or j.C, this is basically your max damage combo. The timing can be a little strange when going from j.B/j.C to n.5B; if you're having trouble try to make sure you're not hitting the opponent too high in your jump arc, and that you're not pressing 5B too early.
- 5A/2A/n.5B/2B 236BC
- Combo into WFT. You need to be in 'very' close for this to hit. Max range on any of the starting buttons is a guaranteed whiff.
- 214C (half/max charge) SSM/j.C n.5B 236A/236B/236K
- Fully charged 214C into SSM is basically a round-ender, assuming that 214C hits. Even half charge into SSM will do a decent amount of damage. Note: you should not be relying on getting fully charged 214C unless you have severely conditioned the opponent, and even then there's a high chance that you'll get hit for it anyway. Even half-charge is somewhat risky.
- 214C (half/max charge) 2BCD 236C
- Another killer cut. Again, max charge 214C will basically ensure that your opponent is dead in the water after 236C hits.
Pretty much all of Darli's midscreen combos work in the corner, too.
- n.5B/2B 236S/236K
- Guaranteed in the corner, unlike the midscreen version and its variations.
- Throw n.5B 236A/236B/236K
- Similar to the throw combo above, but with n.5B added for more damage.
If searching for Darli tech on twitter or anywhere else, use the hashtag #SS_DA