Difference between revisions of "Phantom Breaker: Extra/System"
|Line 197:||Line 197:|
* No double jump or back air dash.
* No double jump or back air dash.
* Solid Amour lose properties when User is Airborn.
* Solid Amour lose properties when User is Airborn.
Revision as of 05:30, 18 August 2019
- 1 Gauges
- 2 Guarding
- 3 Recovery
- 4 Clashing
- 5 Overdrive
- 6 Counter Burst
- 7 Normal Attacks
- 8 Style
The Burst meter can be accumulated by certain movement options, attacks connecting, defending attacks, taking damage, and clashing. The Meter can be filled to 200% (Quick, Hard) & 400% (Extra). Burst Meter will gradually fill on its own when the Life bar falls below a certain point or if Tension mode is active. The amount of meter gain during this is only up to 100% (Quick, Hard) or 200% (Extra).
Overheat is a state in which Burst meter change to a red bar that acts as a timer, during this time no meter can be gained and certain meter option is disabled. Action that incurs overheat are
- Set Burst
- Phantom Breaker
- Emergency Mode.
The duration of Overheat varies from the action performed prior to overheat. Burst meter reset after every round and each style builds The Burst meter at a different rate. Additionally, Characters have different Burst meter build rate.
The Tension Meter is universally shared resource between both Player. The meter adjusted attack damage accordingly to the current tension meter value. Essentially the more tension builds during matches, the higher damage output is done. Tension can be accumulated by dashing (3 times), guard crush, counterbalancing, and nullifying attacks. If Tension meter is filled to max, special mode activates where players Burst meter regenerates on its own and damage is significantly higher. Tension Mode last for about 5 and then it reset the tension meter. Each time tension mode has completed during the round, it reset the meter with 10% increments. Tension mode does not carry over rounds, and Set Burst can end Tension Mode prematurely.
Life Bar is pretty identical to another fighter, as players take damage it begins to deplete. A red tail can be seen once the life bar has taken damage. this red tail is recoverable life. It'll recover slowly over time but players can use Overdrive to speed up the process. If player experience a Guard crush then all recoverable life is lost. While chip damage is present, a player cannot be KO from chip damage.
The Guard Gauge is mostly invisible until the character guards an attack, a transparent force field will appear around the character during a guard, indicating the guard gauge current state. The transparent force field is White when the guard gauge is healthy and will slowly turn to red as it takes damage. A Warning message will appear at the corner of the screen, signaling that the next attack will Gaurd Crash. These actions will weaken the guard gauge
- Guarding an attack
- Guard Canceling
- Nullifying Attack
- Attacks being Reflected
Style have different Base Guard Gauge value. Extra having the most and Quick having the least
PBE has a Auto Guard in a place where if the player remains neutral, They'll guard any Mid and Overhead attack. In order to guard low attack players have to crouch. Players can still guard like traditional fighters. This feature is disabled when a character has their back turns, which then guard need to be inputted manually. If players guard an attack after a Warning signal has appeared, they'll experience a Guard Crash.
A Guard Crash leaves players vulnerable for a set amount of time before control is regained, an aerial Guard Crash result in a hard knockdown. The only option to escape the vulnerable state of Guard Crash is Emergency mode.
Similar to Guarding, Air Guard can be accomplished by pressing any direction other than 6 during a jump. Air guard is susceptible to low attacks, 2L+SP, Ex Specials, Phantom Breakers. Furthermore attack that hit right under the character cannot be air guarded. Air guard stun appears universal (still testing) and doesn’t last very long however the Guard gauge damage is double while air guarding.
Guard canceling allow players to cancel their guard stun animation. Guard canceling give some invincibility frames upon activation. Player can cancel out of Guard stun with
- Counter Burst
- EX Special
- Phantom Breaker
- Hi-jump/dashes (Quick/Extra)
- Guard canceling will weaken the Guard gauge and certain attack limit guard cancel ability.I.E Kurisu Ex-Flame Thrower special does 9 hits of guard stun. It can only be guard Cancel after the 9th hit.
An alternate guarding technique that can potentially mitigate the drawbacks of guarding. To Nullify Attack Players must press 6 as the attack connects. Special properties of Nullify attack include but not limited to
- Decreases guard gauge damage
- negating chip damage
- reduce guard stun significantly.
- increasing Tension meter by 0.25
- increase Burst Meter by 5%
After a successful Nullify attack players have the option to cancel into any action other than Overdrive. There are two types of Nullify Attack, SlipShift Dodge(Quick) and Protection(Hard).
- Slip-shift Dodge is Quick’s Nullify Attack, Character will perform A sway and dodge the opponent attack. Additionally slip-shift slowdown mechanic will be active and the User cancel the recovery frames of the dodge. Guard Crash is seemingly impossible as using it doesn’t decrease the guard gauge. Slipshift dodge is an exceptional tool against zoning but is weak against normal pressure, especially one that starts from a low attack. Slipshift Throw loses to kara cancel as well.
- Protection is Hard’s Nullify attack. Character perform a Guard pose and that drastically freeze opponents on contact. Protection’s Freeze makes it an excellent tool against pressure also unlike Slip-shift dodge, it is usable in the air. This is significant as players have an option against Air Unblockable attacks. Conversely, it’s very weak against projectile zoning as projectiles aren’t affected by the freeze and its impossible to use Protection against multi-hit projectile. Additionally, Protection can still experience guard crash.
Being Air stun will leave character vulnerable in the air, being susceptible to juggles. A button indicator will appear above the respective player burst meter signaling air recovery is possible. Performing an air recovery will have character glow green and be immune to any further attacks until they landed on their feet. It’s possible to cancel Air Recovery frames before landing but doing so end the invincibility. A character that falls to the ground without Air Recovery will do Instant Recovery automatically.’’
- Note that air stun is much shorter when characters are cornered. Thus it’s possible to air recover faster than usual.
In the event where air recovery isn’t possible due to attack causing soft knockdown or blowback attacks, players can only use instant recovery which is identical to Air recovery but near the floor level.
- Both Air and Instant recovery see characters as air born so they introduce landing recovery which is Throw punishable.
Hard knockdown disables air and instant recovery and forces character on the ground, to avoid further damage player can use Get up or Tech roll. Get-up has characters rise to their knee, while tech roll has Characters sliding away from the opponent. Opponents can attempt to OTG while the character is Knockdown, and OTG hit will result in a counter hit. Furthermore, certain OTG can force Instant Recovery instead of get-up/tech roll.
- Get Up and Tech roll are susceptible to OTG, but the player can Throw tech as long they were not crossed up. Unlike the other recovery, this does not auto-correct.
Emergency is a recovery option out of Hitstun or Guard Crash that uses The Burst Meter. Players can use Emergency Mode by pressing SP while having at least 100% or more of the Burst Meter. Characters will have Golden circle as they cancel out their stun. Their two types of Emergency Mode activation.
- Offensive Emergency mode is an unblockable attack that soft KND.
- Defensive Emergency is temporary power up. (*)activates if Emergency mode attack whiffs
Ground activation vs Air activation
- Ground has a faster recovery with potential combos, Air has a longer recovery with invincibility frames.
Whenever two opposing action connects,a clash will occur. During a Clash, both players will gain Burst and Tension Meter, while also having their attack cancel each other out. Both Player can cancel clash into any action after clash.
- Forward dash have clash frames
When Players have 100%, they can activate overdrive. Overdrive is a versatile tool with many applications offensively and defensively. Overdrive Startup activation provides Invincibility and time freeze similar to UNIST chain shift. Once activated players will be in a Power up state that regenerates red life faster and all attacks are considered Special attack such as normal having chip damage or being able to otg reluache. The duration of overdrive is base the current value of the Burst meter upon activation.
- Invincibility on startup
- recovery red life faster
- all attack are consider special attacks
- can be cancel into as pseudo roman cancel
- can be cancel into from select recovery option ( I.E landing recovery)
Furthermore, overdrive will have certain features base on the style chosen.
- Overclock is Quick’s Over drive which drastically slow down on screen action for everything but the user character. Additionally overclock allow the user to cancel any option into anything essentially acting like Street fighter’s Custom comb.
- Solid Amour is Hard’s Overdrive make the User character limited resistance against enemy attacks by not suffering any hitstun when being attacked. This state also dramatically increase damage output for the user.
- Hybrid is Extra’s Overdrive which basically have same properties of Overclock and Solid Amour to less degree. On top of that it will switch the current style the user was in. Unlike other overdrives Hybride doesn’t deplete the entire burst meter and only uses 100% stock.
Tha trade off for such a strong tool, the user cannot guard during Overdrive, and experiencing grab/grabtech will end Overdrive immediately
An attack that carries clash frames on its start up. If Players hold the SP button, the counter burst attack will be delayed, prolonging its clash frames. Using Counter Burst will consume 25% of the Burst meter, although player can still use it if they don’t meet 25%. Counter Burst can be cancel into from any action other than Overdrive, EX Specials and Phantom Breakers. Counter Burt obtain certain features from styles
Quick’s Counter Burst has little start up making practically the fastest attack in game, Player can also use Slipshift cancel out of the counter burst attack by dashing or hi-jump. This cancel will require 50% burst meter on top of the initial 25% from counter burst.
Hard’s Counter Burst has longer start up but have Mid Guard points on top the clash frame for durability. Charging the Counter Burst will build portion of the tension gauge with full charge building 10% of tension. A full charge Counter Burst also become Set Burst which is an unblockable attack that cause blowback on hit. In Tension Mode Set burst becomes Critical Burst which is dramatically stronger.
Extra’s Counter Burst is identical to the current style Counter Burst. However Extra’s Counter Burst have a unique clash called Reflection. Reflection has two properties
- Reflection vs Normal attacks: the opponent is stun for short period and their guard guage is weaken ( guard crash is possible)
- Reflection vs Special: the opponent will slow down in their attack animation and any momentum the attack had is lost.
While Counter Burs is a powerful tool, it loses against Low attacks and anti clash attacks.
- (Refection can be used against low attacks)
Normal attack in fighting game are the most used tool in most game and PBE is no exception. Normal attacks are always available and are often the primary supplement to a player strategy whether it be defensive or offensive. Today we're going take a Look at how Phantom Breaker normal attack works.
Normal Attacks in PBE function like most Fighter, but PBE does have Chain system were pressing the same Button result in a sequence of attack. These attacks are unique form each other and can only be done by doing the attack chains.
- Attack Chains up to three times,
- Attack chain can only be done from standing (*) exception light normals
- Chains do not Auto correct
- Can be done On whiff
Normal attack have varying properties depending strength of the button used
- Certain normal have jump cancel properties on hit but not on block.
- Light and Medium can be canceled into Heavy normals
- Crouching normal are AuB
Light Normal are the quickest attack in the category, their short range and do small damage but their speed make them strong pressure tool with minimal risk
- Crouching Light can start Light attack chain
- Air light normal have active frames up until the end of the jumping animation. (*) Exception: Sophia, Ende,
- Guarding against light attack does reward any meter for the defender.
Medium Normal are balanced between light and heavy. They have average range, speed and damage. Notably Medium chains are alot of mix-up potential.
- Medium chains consist of overheads or low attack in their chains (exception: Ende, Itsuki)
- 6B are universal overheads attacks (*)Exception: Ende, Ren
Heavy Normal do considerable damage and are easy to combo from. Most Heavy Normal also cover a huge part of the screen but in turn their very slow
- 6C are universal long range normal (*) Exception: Fin, Shizuka
- 2C cause Hard knockdown (*)Eception: Sophia, Ende, Reimi)
Dashing Normals are unique as they operate more like special attacks. Which mean they chip just like specials and can be cancel into from normals and ect. But one of their defining traits is that players can jump cancel them on hit, making them ideal for juggles.
- Longest dash length
- Double Jump
- Slipshift cancel: Can use Dash,Back Dash, and High jump from Gaurd or Counterburst
- 1.5 burst meter modifier: Quick style gain additional Burst meter from standard actions.
- 1.5x guard gauge damage modifier: Opponents Guard gauge will take additional damage from quick style Characters.
- Expanded chain cancel system: can cancel certain chain strings into other strings or additional normlas that would otherwise be impossible.
- (*) Example A>A>A>B>B>B>C>C>C>6C.
- Can air Backdash Dash as Guard cancel
- Direction Influence after a double jump.
- Defensive Emergency Mode causes a slow down effect.
- Average damage output
- Fastest counter Burst startup
- Weakest guard meter value
- Certain attack lockouts Quick’s guard cancel option and SlipShift Dodge.
- Slow tension bonus recharge rate:
- longest overheat state from Overdrive and Phantom Breaker.
- Shortest overdrive state.
- 2c will not cause hard knockdown on a crouching opponent
- Defensive Emergency mode state user is not susceptible to guard crash regardless of their guard gauge value.
- Overdrive state stall: quick’s overdrive will extend Hard’s overdrive due to its slow down effect.
- Moderate guard gauge
- Moderate Tension bonus (regenerating burst meter)
- Can Perform NA in the Air.
- Counter Burst Guard point is not susceptible to Guard Crash
- Set Burst on hit Prematurely ends Tension Mode and resets Tension value.
- Counter Burst has a slower startup
- Restricted Chain system: A>C, B>C,
- Lowest burst gauge modifier
- No double jump or back air dash.
- Solid Amour lose properties when User is Airborn.
- Burst gauge stack to 400%
- Shortest overheat state
- Highest Guard gauge value
- Overdrive(Style change): Ability to switch between quick and hard style with usage of overdrive
- Highest tension mode bonus: will restore 200% in tension mode.
- Reflection: A particular clash frames that ll either stun or slow down opponents.
- Overdrive has a set cost of 100%
- has moderate movement speed
- moderate burst gauge modifier.
- retain double jump regardless of style
- retain slipshift guard cancel regardless of style
- Slipshift cancel cost 75% of burst gauge.
- When style changing Hard >Quick style, Slipshift cancel is possible during the overdrive and overheat phase.
- No Phantom breaker
- drastically low HP and damage output.