Melty Blood/MBAACC/Roa/Full Moon
- 2A 5B 2B 5C(2Hits) 6C 214A 6C 214A
- Basic BnB oki combo
- 2A 5B 2B 5C(2Hits) 6C 214A 6C 623A,B,C
- 2A 5B 2B 5C(2Hits) 6C 214A 236A J.b J.[C] dj J.B J.C AT
- Easy combo that does a lot of damage, 236A can be substituted with 6C
- Can do one hit on 5C if your spacing is too far.
- 2A 5B 2B 5C(2) 6C 214A 6C 214A 236C Dash 5C 214A
- After the 236C dash up so you can catch them on the wall slam and if your coming from the other side of the stage you can wiff the first hit of 5C and catch them with the second ...
Do what you need to do to extrapolate on the character. Here are example categories below. F-Roa is a basic character with basic tools. Its a good thing and a bad IMO, and by good I mean he's easy for a decent player to perform well with. It's bad because he only has some many tools to work with and maybe easy to read if you aren't creative enough. He's a very fast and linear character both on the ground and in the air. Use his mobility to overwhelm your opponent. Maintain pressure with 214a(lighting), 236A,B,C(slide slash) 236[B](sway/Smooth criminal). Use these tools in blockstrings and mix it up. Once you get the opponent to respect your 236 pressure, then the fun can start :). You can start to use the 236[B] for better mix ups, do at your own risk (not masher friendly).His j.[C] is also good priority. You can also use the fact that his j.C is chargeable. You can mix them up with jump ins on oki or OTG setups.
OTG combo: 2A(5) 5B 2B 2C..
- Corner Ex: after 214A knock down
- 2A(5) 5B 2B 2C jc IAD...
- At this point you can either
j.C To go for an overhead if you think they will duck, or if you want to keep applying pressure. j.[C] when you IAD you will be too low to the ground to complete the move so you will land right in front of them you can choose to grab or go low etc(basic high low mix ups).
5A – standard standing jab. Does hit crouching opponents.
5B – hits mid moves Roa forward a bit. I mostly use this in combos or frame traps off of 2a.
5C – 2 hits, great range, moves Roa forward, some application as anti-air as well as tech punishing.
6C – Long arm strike, great range and moves forward.
2A – hits low. fast, but short range
2B – a f-Roa exclusive, good ranged low poke with pretty solid active frames for tech punishing.
2C – a short slide. Hits low. Can combo a 6C after for an air combo. Catches after air counter hits pretty well.
- All of Roa’s ground normals cannot be blocked in the air or are “air-unblockable”*
j.A – quick hand jab, fast with poor range, decent for a quick air-to-air
j.B – good range kick that hits slightly above Roa
j.C – Roa attempts storm’s jump fierce. This is a great air normal, if a bit slow. Can be charged for more range/stun/damage. Can hit as a cross up if charged. Beats a lot of things once fully charged.
236A/B/C – An upward ground slash - All versions are air-unblockable. - A and B versions can be canceled by any EX move or Arc Drive. - B version can be held for a command dash that can cross up through a grounded opponent. Also, somewhat useful for continuing pressure. - C version hits twice, wall bounces, and can be combo’d after in the corner. - All versions jump cancel-able on hit.
623A/B/C – Dragon punch. Goes off the ground at a 45 degree angle. - A version is air-unblockable with no invincibility. - B version is air-BLOCKABLE with some invincibility. - C version is air-unblockable only on the last hit, Has the most invincibility I believe. - All DPs end in an untechable knockdown.
214A/B/C – Lightning bolt strikes in a vertical column in front of Roa. - A and B version do the same amount of damage. - A version hits close, but not directly in front of Roa, B hits a little further out. - Lightning floats on grounded hit and is an untechable knockdown on air hit. - C version is air-unblockable, invincible, and punishable on block. - A and B versions can both be air blocked. - C version can set up for air tech traps, as the lightning hits in a larger vertical column over Roa’s head for a little less then 2k damage.
236A/B/C (in air) – Electricity surrounds Roa in the air. - All versions air-blockable with some utility as anti air. - All versions can be canceled before the hit by landing on the ground. - All versions are safe on block. - A version gives advantage if TK’ed close to the ground. - A and C versions allow for a follow up combo with float on counter hit. - B versions hits three times and cannot be combo’d after - C version hits with a greater range then A or B. - C version has invincibility on start-up. - C version can add some damage to air combos if used instead of air throw finisher. (about 200 dmg.) - All versions can hit on both sides allowing for cross ups. - On block the move has some short of vacuum effect.
41236C (Arc Drive) – Quick horizontal lightning bolt crosses the screen. - This move is Very fast and has VERY long range. - Can be used to punish any tech from a ground throw. - Easily combo-able from basic strings. - Air-unblockable - Deceptively large vertical hitbox.
Throw – Roa has a very solid ground throw.
- In the corner can connect a 2A > A > 6C to air combo
- Teachable throw, but all techs are punishable from mid-screen.
- Arc drive and dash 214 B lightning punish back techs.
- Closer techs punished by dashing 2B or 214 A or B lightning
- You can also press 2 during his throw to ground them right next to you for untechable knockdown
- Quick horizontal lightning bolt crosses the screen. - This move is Very fast and has VERY long range. - Can be used to punish any tech from a ground throw. - Easily combo-able from basic strings. - Air-unblockable - Deceptively large vertical hitbox.
- Long boring animation that has nothing to do with lighting. Non the less lots of Dmg