Melty Blood/Kouma Kishima/Crescent Moon
- 2a/5a 2b 5bb 5c 2c 236a 236c j.bc j.bc airthrow.
- This is his most basic bread and butter combo. It does the most damage when started with 2b and has to be used at close range.
- 5b 5c 2c 236a 236b j.bc j.bc airthrow
- You will need to use this bnb sometimes if the opponent isn't close to you, it still does around 4k damage which is excellent.
- 2a 2b 5bb 5c 2c 236a 236c 236c 236c
- This is a full rekka combo that will throw the opponent into the corner, use this if you want to put them in a corner position, they can tech out of the corner though so watch out for that.
- 2a 5b 5c 2c 5a 236a 5a 2c 5a 2c 236a 236b 236c j.bc j.bc airthrow
- Highly damaging combo with good carry, but linking 5a and 2c repeatedly is very tight. Can also be ended with 2C 6C for greater mixup or a free safeheat.
- 2a/5a 2b 5bb 5c 2c 236a 236c j.bc j.bc j.214c
- This will do alittle more damage and also put them in the corner with a faster harder knockdown.
- So, you want to play the lazy Kouma huh? Well you are going to need alittle patience/experience to fully make use of this moon. Lets get down to it.
- Alot of people regard this as his weakest moon for good reason, his normals aren't as good as the other moons. You need to actually make an effort to link his 5a into 5b if that says anything, and he has no godlike 2b, so why the heck play C-Kouma? Swag. Thats why. What Kouma lacks in neutral options he makes up for in just having more options. This is the only moon where Kouma has an overhead. Just thnk about this, its a character with command grabs, an overhead, a built in mixup (5b[b]) and the second highest life in the game. All he would need was a projectile and good normals to be the best character in the game. Also, he can heat on command, yeah. C-Kouma has the most options out of any of his moons, which makes me believe that at highest levels where people can make use of his good specials, this would be his best moon. He also does a ton of damage because he can air combo. I body Bellreisa on a daily basis with this moon.
- This is the area where alot of people will suffer. Its hard to space using this guy, infact, if you havent made use of 623a or you dont have a good air game sense you will probably find it damn near impossible. He does have alot of anti air options such as 623a 623b j.b 236c and his air dash is very good for catching people in the air with an airthrow. On the ground you are going to have to be creative, when he is in pressure literally the only good option he has is 214c to catch someone, or a very smart 236a or well timed poke. Versus zoning characters its a real pain, you just have to know what to look for vs certain characters, Kouma can put a 5a on an opponent very quickly, and aslong as you hold that pressure C-Kouma has alot of options.
- Kouma is all about pressure. Just when you have made someone block you dash up and grab them. It messes with their head. Most people do not even know Kouma has an overhead and will sometimes get hit by it or just get ground bounced trying to escape it. You want to make good use of his 5b[b] that is plenty plus frames on block that can be mixed up into a straight grab or 2a into a combo. I find that conditioning someone to block by continually dashing up to them on wakeup and spamming 5a will let me dash up and grab them faster. Note that his 236a rekka is +3 on block when you throw it after a string and lets you make another move. Its all about making the opponent scared, when they are scared, they get hit by dash up 5a, when they block, they get grabbed or staggered by 2c.
This is Kouma's standard defensive poke. I say defensive because 5a is more useful offensively. Active on frame 5 for 4 frames. Not the fastest 2a, decent though. Its a lower, close to the ground hurtbox.
This is what you use to check people and make them block, which Kouma needs to win. If there was a move I could take from this game and apply to my everyday life, it would be this one. Cashier gave you wrong change? Chop them, etc. This move, like 2a, is active on frame 5 for 4 frames but its hitbox is far better suited for rushing someone down. Its hurt box is horizontal and towards the middle of other characters hitboxes, dashing up and using this move is something that will punish mashing and jump outs, hell, it will even beat none invulnerable supers if timed correctly. You want to spam this on someones wakeup if you are looking to get them to block and then promptyl, punish them for blocking with Kouma's command grabs. -
Don't hate, appreciate. So what if you no longer have the best anti air in the game? This move is used for other things now. This move is relatively fast by becoming active on frame 9 and its duration is...get this...6 frames. Why is that a big deal? Well, this move hits low, you can use it when you dash up and it will hit people using standing shield into Kouma's most damaging 5k+ bnb. The hitbox on this is bigger than it looks as well. -
Kouma got lazy on this move. This is a slow 5b active on frame 11 (yuck) and its duration is 4 frames. You probably think this is a bad move but its still Kouma's 5b with the gawdlike hitbox. Infact its so slow that you can use it in a backdash punishing option select 5a 5b and it will hit them on the ground. (The other moons will come out too fast and put them in a juggle state thats not as good.). You will need to use this move right away from 5a or it will not link into the combo. -
This is an excellent stagger, you can put this after a string for a hard knockdown or if you are fast enough, to straight combo it into rekkas. -
This move is good. Its hitbox is shaped in a weird way that can hit someone who is air dashing at you, its as fast as 5b. -
Most people do not even know this move exists in Kouma's armory. Its a slow overhead that can combo into 4k+ damage, a cool guy. This move also ground bounces air opponent and otg opponents for some swaggy stuff. You can use this close to the corner to catch people jumping away in an addition to just throwing it out every once in awhile to try your luck. Its generally a very risky move.
Its a jumping a, his fastest jumping anti air. Used to quickly ch someone out of something or just catch them in the air and airthrow them afterwards. The hitbox is alittle strange, but its fast. -
I like this as his main jumping anti air because the hitbox is good, its fast, and on ch its very easy to capitalize on, you can even IAD with this move if you dont feel like using j.c. -
This smacks people right in the face with its downward hitbox, perfect as the offensive air move to be used after strings or to punish.
| Name 「JP name」 - 22ABC
| 「」 - 236ABC
| 「」 - 22ABC
| 「」 - 623ABC
| 「」 - 214ABC
| 「」 - J22ABC
Another Arc Drive