If you wish to contribute here at Mizuumi Wiki, you will first need to create an account. To do this, go to the Discord server and contact any of the current admins (Shimatora or Kashkabald). Please provide a username, password, and email. Once registered, it is advisable to check the wiki's about page for information on what content is allowed here.
If you are unfamiliar with MediaWiki syntax, a good starting point is the MediaWiki User Guide. The most important sections are linked below.
If you wish to familiarize yourself with Mizuumi guidelines on how articles are written, take a look at the recently-edited pages on the wiki. You may also practice edits on the community sandbox. If you are still unsure on how to proceed, feel free to ask around in the #wiki channel of the Discord server. Try to reach out to any of the active editors for a prompt response. Once you feel ready to go ahead, check the community roadmap to see where a pair of hands is most needed.
It is also important to be aware of the existing templates and categories used around the wiki. Please check thoroughly before creating pages in either of these namespaces, chances are that something similar has already been made around the site.
- MediaWiki User Guide - The bible to all things MediaWiki. Below are listed the particularly important pages for your future reference:
- Formatting - Page structuring and text markup.
- Links - How to link within and outside the wiki.
- Images - Useful for character profiles or game HUDs.
- Lists - Extensively used on combo sections of character pages.
- Categories - Very important for wiki organization and navigation.
- Templates - Extensively used on character movelists and game navboxes.
- Moving a page - In case you made a mistake creating a page. For renaming/deleting images please contact an admin.
- PovertyFGC Twitter - Occasional updates to the wiki will be posted here.